IMPORTANT! People that have been using Kaus's "Asteria Tileset" DO NOT USE IT!!

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by Celianna, Jun 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little Adventurer

Little Adventurer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    *sighs and shakes head sadly* I hadn't actually added the Tilesets into my game yet, thankfully, but... you know, I actually felt rather hesitant to use them at all because they ~were so pretty~ and I feared my less than stellar mapping skills (moreso exterior than interior) would make them look lackluster or I'd accidentally rip him off in terms of mapping. 

I shouldn't have bothered. I shouldn't have worried.

I think that Orange guy has plugins for parallax overlay? Then again, despite it being in my plugin list, I never have actually used any overlays as I haven't done any parallaxes at all. Hopefully someone has done stuff like rain, clouds, fog enc...

Also, someone should alert the big RM tutorial people like Echo607 and Driftwood Gaming about all this.

2. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

He's definitely banned though, it's probably not registering since I was the one who (global mod) banned him, not an admin through the admin control panel.

3. Sleepy Kitten Games

Sleepy Kitten Games Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Little Adventurer I just commented on Echo607's video on the plugin and gave her the link to this thread. Let's hope she sees my comment.

4. Roscalin

Roscalin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @GameFire I tweeted the both of them as well so if they didn't see your comment, hopefully they see my tweet.

Does anyone know if Fallen Lorelei has a twitter?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2016
  5. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

For some reason, since the move, only mods/admin/staff can see bans on users' profiles.

terrorchan likes this.
  6. rauwolf

rauwolf Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I dont know if this will help or not, but Klaus(hanzo) was working and is friends with somebody name information removed

maybe he might know where some of the artwork was stolen from.

7. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It honestly doesn't matter where the artwork was stolen from, at this point. We are not going to facilitate trying to seek out permission to use the stolen work, nor encourage it. And I highly doubt this person knows anything about it.

Euphony likes this.
  8. XIIIthHarbinger

XIIIthHarbinger Part Time Super Villain Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for the heads up!

I was rather fond of the artstyle used & was seriously considering integrating it into my own project. So I am exceedingly grateful that you brought this to everyone's attentions, before I used the tileset on any of my maps. 

9. Anisoft

Anisoft Great Desu King Veteran

First Language:
    English

Sigh, I have no idea where somebody got the impression I was working with Hanzo. We simply traded coding information to help out each others projects, that is all. I know nothing of the sort when it comes to art he's taken from, and I wont ask him. I've been creating my own assets for my project and don't intend to use anyone else content. For those of you still trying to find out what he's copied just stop. Either risk the fact that the material your using could be someone else's work and that you could get in trouble (trusting Hanzo that what he said isn't stolen isn't), or remove his sets completely.

I can provide a little information though, in the facebook group RPG Maker Games Developers I posted about this thread. In the post Hanzo gave some insight on what was stolen and what wasn't 

image removed

10. Asuras

Asuras Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Also, I don't think people should be linking facebook profiles here...Since that encourage harassment, which is a whole new problem...

11. Sparkbomber

Sparkbomber Chronicler of Praxis Member

First Language:
    Dutch
    Sheesh, just got a headsup by the Yanfly Patreon feed. Thankfully our game does not use these (parallaxing), but given the responses here I do feel sorry for those that did.

Yanfly likes this.
  12. Euphony

Euphony Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

Exactly. Why spend time trying to track down an artist outside of the RM community and negotiate permissions with them just so you can keep using these tilesets (which imho are kind of sloppily constructed anyway)? Just use different tilesets, people. There are plenty of nice, honest members of this community offering their resources for little to no charge. Support them! If you do, they'll continue making more resources. And their resources won't get you in legal trouble.

13. demantis

demantis Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Well I thank you for this information considering I was testing the tiles to put in my maps.

14. Anisoft

Anisoft Great Desu King Veteran

First Language:
    English

Thank you, I was very much surprised somebody stooped that low to try and call anyone they seemed to think had a connection to Hanzo. I think the searching for original artist, searching for people with even slight contact with Hanzo, or perusing Hanzo himself (like for instance the idiots who felt it was a good idea to write terrible things on his profile) needs to stop. We can all agree what he did wasn't okay, but why become monsters ourselves instead of moving on and learning from this experience. 

Enough is enough... 

15. Roscalin

Roscalin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ok this is enough. Could a Mod Lock the Post and Delete the FB link just a few posts up.

At this point the message is now out, the proof was given. Now we no longer need to talk on this post.

Leaving the post pinned and featured will get the message out, alternatives for the Tilesets were Posted thanks to @Avery

It's done!

Posting a FB link like that is tantamount to Harassment. Removal of the Facebook link is requested please

Anisoft and Henryetha like this.
  16. lithkast

lithkast Quirky mini boss Veteran

First Language:
    english
    I'm so glad I never used this.  That I have my own mapper doing stuff from scratch.  This kind of behavior is absolutely terrible.

I feel for a lot of people who were using this, especially so for those who have a lot of work invested in their game.  I'm glad this came to light though.  Thank you for this post.

17. Ksi

Ksi ~RTP Princess~ Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for the heads-up. I've let RMN know about this so that any commercial developers there who might have fallen prey to this scheme can try to get their money back. Here's hoping they can.

Honestly, stuff like this is always difficult for a community to deal with. Not only because it makes it hard for creators to trust each other when it comes to using resources, but also because it creates a feeling of anger towards the person who wasted their time, energy and money. It's also incredibly disrespectful and not something that we, as a community, should allow to go untalked about. The more people who know to stay away, the less victims there will be who fall afoul of such things.

There is a reason resource thieves are instantly banned from the better sites - because we want to cultivate a community where people aren't afraid to support each other, whether that be by sharing what they've created or allowing creators to actually make a living. When someone dives in and creates turmoil by doing this, it ruins the fun for everyone, so harsh judgement is often applied - not only as a deterrent but also as a safety measure.

Thanks for weeding this guy out and letting everyone know about what a worm he is. Might also be a good idea to put a notice up on Steam so that anyone who found his work or was directed to it by someone else can find out and avoid.

Stapleton, Marsigne, Candacis and 2 others like this.
  18. oToToToToTo

oToToToToTo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is disheartening.

Is his parallax map script stolen as well, or is it just the tilesets? I'm pretty sure he is the only person who has a layered parallax plugin for MV. How awful.

19. Ksi

Ksi ~RTP Princess~ Moderator

First Language:
    English
    From the looks of it, Modern Algebra is moving some of his Ace scripts to MV, so you could wait for his Fix-to-Map script (or politely request that he bump that one up the list) to be done. The Ace version is really good so I can't imagine the MV version not being great too.

oToToToToTo likes this.
  20. Saltwater Croc

Saltwater Croc Voice Actor/Frelance Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Hylian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I haven't used any of the tilesets or artwork... but as a freelancer myself this makes me sad for all those people who got swindled.   It makes it harder for freelancers (whether they make visual art, textual art, or musical art) to get clients! Most people might think "Everybody's out to get me!"  (And who could blame them...?)

I hope some legal action can be taken against this guy; stealing is an actual crime. I don't know about other countries, but in the USA, theft is a misdemeanor..!! (It can be a felony based on how much was stolen.. )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.