IMPORTANT! People that have been using Kaus's "Asteria Tileset" DO NOT USE IT!!

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by Celianna, Jun 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue Milk

Rogue Milk Veteran Veteran

I always thought those tilesets looked awfully familiar with Hanzo Kimura's work. Now I know why.

Anyway, I've never used or got interest in it.

Sorry for the people who lost time and effort on their projects.

2. kamui82

kamui82 Alchemist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I had such a gut reaction reading this, imagining how sick I would feel if I had used these assets under good faith and found out they were stolen.  My sympathies to any who were harmed as a result of this.  As an artist, I just want to say thank you for staunchly promoting integrity and holding the community to a high standard for intellectual property.  I was petrified to share my work at first, not just for fear of criticism but also for fear that my hard work could be stolen. Although I am very sad to see all of the grief this person has caused, I am also heartened that someone is sticking up for the artists and their intellectual property.  It really matters to us.  

Marsigne, Rayhaku808, flirion and 2 others like this.
  3. Roscalin

Roscalin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Echo607 and Driftwood Gaming haven't gotten back to me on the Kaus Ultimate Overlay Tutorial Video's and Fallen Lorelei doesn't have Twitter so I couldn't Reach her there.

I'll try and PM her on here to see if we can spread the word to the youtubers.

4. Victor Sant

Victor Sant Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    We have at last other 3 overlay plugins available (mine, Galv and Shaz), why people are still trying to find loopholes to use his overlay plugin?

Using any of his works is supporting his actions, everyone can make mistakes, and he already had a second chance and thrown it away.

He should be totally erased from the maker community, because he has shown that can't be trusted and he don't deserve any type of support.

5. DragonVine

DragonVine May or May Not be Batman Veteran

First Language:
    English

Well that's even more infuriating. @Avery Your work is wonderful, and I thank you for it.

He never responded to my email for a refund, so I'm going to contact Paypal and see what I can do. If I need further proof, I'll PM you @Celianna. Thankfully, I kept the PM's he sent me before I purchased the set from him, so that should help too.

What frustrates me the most about this is how it's going to set back the people who were developing commercial games. I never intended to use them commercially, and haven't even made any maps for functional game (as I was simply testing to see how the tilesets worked), so I have lost nothing in terms of time. In fact, I don't even know if I'll ever release a game. This is just a fun hobby for me, but even then, I take incredible effort to document exactly where I got anything I use. I purchased them because I was looking to support an artist here, as I have done many times through buying tilesets from the store (all of which are wonderful quality). I literally just love supporting the work people do here.

For those of you who lost time, if you are looking for good tilesets to replace some of the tiles you lost, I cannot recommend @Sharm's Pixel Myth Germania (great nature stiles, beautiful buildings, and inner tiles too. To date, still my favourite tileset), Celianna's Ancient Dungeon pack (Wonderful nature tiles, and much more), and Vexed Enigma's Pop! Horror City (for more modern games). On top of that, there are many more wonderful ones in the store for a great price. Not only that, but here in the forums, you can find a lot of great tiles that people offer (Avery, PandaMaru (I hope I spelt that right), and countless others.) Don't let one dude who ripped us off stop you from making the game you love. Yes, it is an absolute pain to have to remake maps, but in doing so, you can know that you are supporting artists who worked hard to provide us with wonderful resources.

So don't be discouraged (as hard as that may be), you can know that folks like Celianna, Sharm, Lunarea, Avery and countless others (too many to name) have provided so much wonderful resources, and that in using them, you are supporting the art of people who really did work hard to provide it for you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2016
  6. lithkast

lithkast Quirky mini boss Veteran

First Language:
    english

which is good.  I don't want a loophole for his plugin.  I'm already going to ditch his plugin in my game as I don't want to support someone who has stolen assets of any kind and I don't want to run into a problem 3 months down the road where I find out his plugin is stolen as well.  

I'll be looking into alternatives to his.  I might move to use yours since I already use a few plugins from you.

I completely agree that this guy doesn't deserve support.  Thieving other people's hard work is just toxic to indie devs and the game making community as a whole.  

7. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Victor, I don't think people are looking for loopholes. I don't know how his might differ from existing overlay plugins, but I think Hudell was just going to attempt to make one that can be switched out as seamlessly as possible to help those who have been using his.

BodkinsOdds, terrorchan and Roscalin like this.
  8. Roscalin

First Language:
    English
    Echo607 just replied to me in Youtube post, from the looks of it she believed that Kaus was the only one with an Overlay Plugin...

I've informed her that Hudell is making one to replace Kaus Ultimate Overlay, and also informed her of Galv's Overlay as well.

Her replay...

Echo607

Eh.
    I'll keep using it til I have a better one - since there are others being worked on, it's no issue.
    I don't really see the point in blocking out good resources if there isn't anything wrong with it specifically.
    I don't support selling completely plagiarized content, but I've got no problem supporting his plugins if they're legit.
    That's just how I see it though:3
    It's just not something I feel the need to worry about.

9. Sleepy Kitten Games

Sleepy Kitten Games Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    She replied to me as well. Seems she wants to keep using it unless a function-related problem is found with it.

To each their own, I suppose.

Personally, I think I'm going to use Galv's.

10. DragonVine

First Language:
    English
    Well, Paypal wasn't able to do much. I contacted them, but since he asked for it as a personal payment, I need to go through my bank and see if I can do it that way. Asking for it to be a personal payment was quite sleazy.

11. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    His plugin is fine, I'm sure he made it by himself, so there's nothing wrong with using it.

Anyway, I'm almost done with mine, it's just missing the fog features.

Other than the features from Kaus' plugin, mine won't have the same compatibility issues and it should also be quite faster (Kaus refreshed the image every single frame).

12. DragonVine

First Language:
    English
    Thanks Hudell. I was probably going to use his, but since this, I'll just feel better using yours. Your OrangeHUD is great.

13. Gabrelik

Gabrelik Almighty Maker of Sandwiches Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Hudell, I remember you mentioning trying to keep the functionality the same. Out of curiosity, will it still utilize the note tags on the map screen to call up the image?

Thanks, by the way, for taking the time to help us with this.

14. Vanessa

Vanessa Jack of all trades, Master of none Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I still remember when i ask him to create a set based on my sketch, he said it's too much time consuming and wont do it.

He stated editing is just far more quicker and simplier (ofc because he juat copy paste ppl's works) now i know why ?

15. Roscalin

First Language:
    English
    Bloody Hell I can't wait for your plugin Hudell, it would lessen the Load since the image refresh could be a painful slowdown on Large maps.

16. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes, I'll be reading the same tags 

17. Gabrelik

Gabrelik Almighty Maker of Sandwiches Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You rock.

18. taarna23

taarna23 Marshmallow Princess Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    @Hudell Added benefit of this redo: the creator will be present on the forum to deal with any bugs. Thumbs up for your hard work!

Roscalin likes this.
  19. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Ah, Yes. I'll probably have to change some stuff on this plugin once MV 1.3 is out, because of the new PIXI version.

20. Roscalin

First Language:
    English

It's looking to be a long wait from when I hear, So no worries on that front as of yet.

1.2 will probably be the dominate version for a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.