IMPORTANT! People that have been using Kaus's "Asteria Tileset" DO NOT USE IT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcosmicDevi

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, this sucks. There were some nice pieces in there. I guess this is one instance in which my propensity for procrastination actually helped me. I hope we find out who the original artists are so we can ask them directly if their work can be used.

Last edited by a moderator:

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Again?? He did the same for VX Ace and sold those tiles.. Guess he never learns.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh wow.... time to spread the news on the German boards. Thanks for letting us know, Celianna!

terrorchan

Literally a Gloop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Again?? He did the same for VX Ace and sold those tiles.. Guess he never learns.

He DID? I didn't even know that!? Why did we trust him after he did something like that already :(

Roscalin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well I've deleted all but the Overlay Plug-ins, As mentioned above these tiles are indeed shark infested. good thing there are other tilesets here on the forums for

Non-Commercial and Commercial. Hopefully the Overlay Plug-in can still be used and isn't at all plagiarized work as well 

Rukomura

Lurker
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
That's really devastating. I'm glad I didn't intend to use them at all since my game is entirely using RTP tiles.

It's truly a shame though. I feel so sorry for all those devs who used and even PAID for the tilesets and now all their work is worth noting.

I'm actually wondering if his Overlay Plugin can still be used... I guess I'll find an alternative (if there is) just to be safe.

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Oh thats right!
What about the plugin ?!

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
He DID? I didn't even know that!? Why did we trust him after he did something like that already :(

I'm pretty sure there's more out there, I seem to remember another topic or two.

beenbaba

Slowly getting there
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
An update for premium subs. He's emailed us apologising and listing what he is claiming is his work or RTP edits, and what he has ripped. He is going to speak to Celianna to try and resolve the situation. We'll wait and see then.

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Yep, he has messaged me aswell.

"You can use Bayer Ruins 100% Authentic."

So I agree with beenbaba, let's wait and see..

Cel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Yeah, I'd rather not throw away so much work because of this if what he says is true. I mean, if it's only part of the tilesets those can always be changed. As long as things are looked into properly this might not end up as horrible as it first sounded. Kind of sucks that he's nowhere to be seen on the forums though (I'm guessing banned?) as that kind of prevents a proper dialogue in this case.

watermark

Thinking of what to do next
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whoa. Just saw this thread. I was one of the people who got refunded cause of the PayPal thing and was going to send Kaus money again then I saw this. I think I'm gonna hold on to the money till things clear up more...

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Pft, if he wanted to be somewhat decent he'd post here on this topic and lists what exactly was ripped and from who. Guess he won't do that though.

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
@BCj He actually wants to do that, but his (newly created) account still needs approval.

Cel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Pft, if he wanted to be somewhat decent he'd post here on this topic and lists what exactly was ripped and from who. Guess he won't do that though.

He can't due to having to make a new account. He's hardly being silent, he's sent a bunch of emails to subscribers since this happened. Just can't post here.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah he just pmed me. Didn't know he couldn't log on to "Kaus".

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
<quote removed by mod>

see my post below, the decision to share that needs to wait for an art moderator

So all can read it now.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just for your info:

Kaus has been banned for art theft, so he can't use that account anymore.

He has made a new account to give some answers, but the decision what to do about those answers is not mine to make as I'm not an art moderator.

Personally, I go by the rule that any apology from someone who has been caught profiting from art theft at least twice might be nice, but is not enough to clear whatever he claims to be original art - after all, he has lied about that before.

When one of the Art Moderators goes online, they might or might not make one or more of those posts visible - but the second account will be banned as well after that.

You'll have to wait for their decisions on that.

Roscalin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
At this point it would still be too late. a lot of people will more then likely just read the first post and delete his stuff.

Khayalan

Mapping-Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
What a sad day a few weeks of work away for nothing :( Really liked the style of the tilesets...

I hope @Celianna will do some new Tilesets we can use and dont have to fear there are stolen artworks in there...

Going to edit my posts and link back to the thread, so everybody notices he has stolen artwork in there

-Khayalan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's really not fun burning 4 hours looking at code and trying certain things and getting no where.
:kaoswt2: Steam seems down again... oh nevermind, it's up now
After so long, my random sprites set is complete! I wonder who could guess them all? :kaothx:
2COlHup.png

And yes, I'm doing more.
I'm thinking of devouring some tutorials for RPG Maker MV. Just all kinds: mapping, spriting, programming, ect. the whole works! :)

Maybe videos, my brother and I can sit down and watch them during one of our weekly business meetings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dovelia