IMPORTANT! People that have been using Kaus's "Asteria Tileset" DO NOT USE IT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maus Merryjest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'll believe in his alleged good faith when I see him returning my  $80. Grrrrr.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wait, he charged 80$?? Dang.

Roscalin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'll believe in his alleged good faith when I see him returning my  $80. Grrrrr.

Bloody Hell that's a couple DLC right there!

I feel very sorry for you.

I do hope you get that money back!

Khayalan

Mapping-Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Wait, he charged 80$?? Dang.
It was the price for a premium subscription...

You get acces to all his tilesets and all his future tilesets, commercially too.

Some payed "only" 60$, which buyed in earlier stages :(

I hope he pays back the money, so he clean his soul partially from the black he made

-Khayalan 

Niten Ichi Ryu

Grey Lords Emissary
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now that sucks. I just hope there wont be community members discouraged by this shadiness. Might be hard to have to scrap your maps.

Even if he validates some tiles as genuine, the image of the whole is corrupted, so better not use anything of it.

Maus Merryjest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If not, I guess I can always find out if Ship Your Enemies Glitter delivers to the Philippines.  B)

I really don't have the words to explain how foul a mood I am in. 

Last edited by a moderator:

DustyCat Media

Indie Game Purrfector
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I honestly am friends with him on Facebook. we talked ONCE (a year ago,maybe?). I added him because he's also a member of a certain RM-related facebook group.

Now i know why he kept posting pictures of new gadgets / consoles / toys / other stuff being delivered to his doorstep almost everyday. I swear guys he got tons of cash from what he did.

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was wondering about the discrepancy of the tileset and the user's own deviantart account arts as it was a mix art style of other content and some were also somewhat familiar contents.

well luckily someone actually found out the truth and notify us.

Maus Merryjest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If it had only been, literally, 40 minutes earlier.

I kid you not, I sent this guy the cash, and 40 minutes later the thread went down and everything exploded.

I have the worst timing ever.

Roscalin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Maus Merryjest Holy hell Maus, that is some seriously bad timing.

I really hope he didn't splurge all the money he gained from his art plagiarizing, he's gonna need it to refund.

Cel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
What annoys me about this is that this was pretty much the only commercially available, and affordable, set of MV sized tiles around. There's a steady stream of VX sized resources but the MV ones are slow, and the RTP just doesn't cut it for anything remotely ambitious... I guess I'll put my project on hold until either Kaus manages to fix things well enough that we know exactly which parts are okay to use and which aren't, or someone else releases a commercial tileset that doesn't have to be resized into an ugly mess.

Sinnistar

Star of Aegis
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah I have to modify several tilesets so they don't look anything like his now...since I used his work as inspiration to my design (before knowing this). Such a shame...so much time wasted on nothing...Regardless, I'll have to remake my tilesets with an alternate design so nothing can be even considered looking similar to his rip offs in any way. (Also I've noticed several of Pandamaru and Celiala's parts in many of his tilesets too, they are just pretty heavily modified or warped versions of their earlier works from VX and XP etc.)

xP I'll make stuff for the parts people need to replace (just let me know guys and I'll see what I can do to remedy that setback)!

What annoys me about this is that this was pretty much the only commercially available, and affordable, set of MV sized tiles around. There's a steady stream of VX sized resources but the MV ones are slow, and the RTP just doesn't cut it for anything remotely ambitious... I guess I'll put my project on hold until either Kaus manages to fix things well enough that we know exactly which parts are okay to use and which aren't, or someone else releases a commercial tileset that doesn't have to be resized into an ugly mess.

You can check out a few I made that aren't all distorted and such. Not sure if they're all on here yet or not but I have like 8 different tilesets I've created now! They fit a variety of different themes made from RTP similar style that creates it's new style as well. (All of my stuff can be used commercially too!)

Cel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Where would I find those tilesets? Your resource topics are kind of spread out and I'm not really getting a proper overview of your tiles.

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Maus Merryjest Holy hell Maus, that is some seriously bad timing.

I really hope he didn't splurge all the money he gained from his art plagiarizing, he's gonna need it to refund.
depending on what he may do. he may already put the money in an account outside of his paypal to get away from it.
so I don't think all the money can be accessed at this point.

Asuras

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This whole thing just makes you more cautious about paying for "rights" to use art pieces now from members here. 

Roscalin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
At this time I agree with @Cel MV is still too new for there to be a couple of well made complete tilesets that competed with the looks of Asteria Expansions

I believe Celianna is currently working on continuing the Ancient Dungeons pack and that is still based on VX and VX Ace tile size (32x32)

Though I will admit the work Celianna produces is very well done.

There are random MV Tileset edits and alterations but as of now, no Major complete Tilesets in the (48x48) range

most of these edits and alterations are pretty damn well done.

If only Kaus didn't Plagiarize and steal from people this set would still be in circulation, and he wouldn't be banned. (Kudos to you Celianna for catching the stolen art!)

Noctis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
@Sinnistar do you happen to have any tree tilesets and cliff parts?  :D

Cel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Hopefully we can reach a point where we know what was stolen and what wasn't, so we can at least continue to use the original stuff. That'd be enough for me to continue using it, since I've already paid for it, and it'd still be worth the price if Kaus' claims about how much is original work are true. Hopefully this can be resolved soon.

Roscalin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Avery All your resource edits look BOSS!

Thank you for posting links to decent resources they will seriously come in handy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Oh my gosh. Thank you, Macy's! Thank you so much! You have made me very happy!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! What are you thankful for? I'm thankful that I no longer have PTSD, and that I get to enjoy a good meal with my mom and stepdad! It might not be the same as before COVID, but at least I still get to enjoy the holiday!

Made another map, this one even has a cool moving waterfall. I'll have an animated GIF later whenever I'm done adding stuff. :LZSwink:
Back here again?! RPG MAKER, I can't quit you. :kaosigh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d5n1hit