Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I imported some mp3 files into my project, but they won't play in the sound test menu. The other default BGM files work, but the imported sound files don't work or play. My volume is turned all the way up, and it still won't play. I tried deleting all of the audio files, and putting them back. But it still won't work.

Anybody know what I should do?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try converting it to ogg first. mp3 is a bad format to use for BGMs - they are large and they don't loop well.

Also, do they play correctly when you play them outside of the engine? In just a normal audio player?

Last edited by a moderator:

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
try to update your music or audio devices it's happened to me in the past and I just downloaded a music format pack and they fixed the error sometime it's due to a device who not work wells or a little incompatibility with rpg maker

Gothic Lolita

YouTube Starlet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had that issue too. RPG Maker VX Ace seems not to support variable bit rates in mp3's. ;)
So you need to convert them to a strict 128 KB/s upwards for quality setting. :)

@Shaz
I still didn't found a programm, where I could make .ogg files out of mp3's. :/
If there would be one, it would be awesome. :D (\s/)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The OP is using RMXP, not Ace.

Doesn't Audacity do it? Look through the Program and Utility Discussion forum - I'm sure there are threads in there talking about it.

Gothic Lolita

YouTube Starlet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
XP and VX had the same issue too, so I think it's for every maker. ;)
Guess the makers don't like VBR. :D (\s/)

I got audicity on my PC and never used it. o_O

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry, i havent posted on this. The music does play outside of RMXP just fine, but not in RMXP. Currently converting it to an ogg file to see if it works.

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
If you really need it to be mp3, sometimes, converting it to ogg and then back to mp3 seems to work.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My problem has been solved! I just randomly put the mp3 files in the folder without importing them. Now they work for some reason. Hooray Potatoes :p .

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

LunarFlareStudios wrote on Solar_Flare's profile.
Hey, my name is Lunar Flare Studios, and you're Solar Flare? That's so weird!
How has this place been dead quiet since after I posted about Deltarune? That's the only post that people are reacting to now... will you please read my other statuses?
Another comic with Backstage Malak...
If you want to ask him anything, you can ask on my DeviantArt page! I'm not sure if you're allowed to do it here.
Forum tip of the day ...
If you get a temporary suspension for being a jerk to people who are trying to help you, and arguing with mods and admins, don't go making new accounts. Chances are, if you p**s us off enough to suspend you for a week, we're not going to hesitate giving you a permanent ban when you give us a reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techupdates