Wizard of the woods
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello folks,

I've gone and created some custom assets for my project. I've made some icons for items as a test run (the 24x24 icons from the Iconset image), and I'm having a hard time finding a way to bring them up in the program since it defaults to the single image that the program has built-in. It simply won't let me select my custom resources.

The imported image is in the correct file format (png), and I did the export/import method to ensure that nothing went awry, and yet it still eludes me as to why it isn't showing up. It's even the same size as the original.

I saw some other posts on the subject, but none of them were able to answer my question. I'm hoping someone will be able to answer here.

Sparky89

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can only have 1 icon set sheet. I would surgest you use the original expand the template using Photoshop or GIMP and add on your icons or just replace the old one's with new one's.

if your icon set sheet is correct try and move out the original ( say desktop ) and place in yours. only one will work at one time.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
if you put the file in your project folder, with the same name as the original file, it should override the original, and you should see it in the resource manager with a red dot.
unless, there's a plugin overriding that on top.

Testtubebaby

Wizard of the woods
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I was hoping to avoid replacing the original file, but it seems it must come to it.

Thanks for your help everyone, much appreciated.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
you're not overwriting anything, mind you!
the original is still within the editor's files, and it's copied over every time you make a new project.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was hoping to avoid replacing the original file, but it seems it must come to it.

You just export the original file in the Resource Manager, and save it into your game's graphics/system folder - this means you can make changes to it which will apply ONLY to this project and not affect any others.

Then increase the length by a multiple of 24 to add your new icons, and save it again with the same name.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I turned 17 two months ago and I feel like I've grown (personality-wise) more in this 1 year than all the 16 years I had lived combined.
Ugh, I may have been cumbersomely eventing a bunch of stuff I could have easily done changing the tileset "Passage (4 dir)" and "Ladder" options. Oops :D
I have no idea why some of the program "splash screen" always on top. E.g, RMMZ loading screen stuck on the top blocking anything I want to do until it fully loaded. What is even the purpose?
One of the secret places in the game.
Had a dream last night that I died -- what a way to start the weekend! :'D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEATLOAFMAN