JLowther

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There are a few plugins that I've found that can import events into other events (Yanfly's and QImport), but I've yet to find one that can import events based upon certain criteria.

For example, I have an event that I want to import its settings from a list of template events. In the primary event, I want to tell it which template event to import based upon a variable or switch (eg. If switch 1 is on, the event will copy template 1, 2 for 2, etc.).

QImport is supposed to be able to do this but doesn't seem to work (and is abandoned). I've racked my brain over this for a while and there's probably something obvious I'm missing, but does anyone have any recommendations for other plugins that can accomplish what I'm trying to do, here?

Last edited:

Broozer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can't you just use Yanfly's event copier?
And in the main event you'll be copying, you place the 4 switches required to be on?
If I'm understanding you correctly, this would have the same effect right?

Otherwise another solution, might be placing multiple conditional branches in the event you're copying.
Basically saying, that if switch 1 is on, do action X, and if switch 2 is on, do action Y.
(I'm not really sure what you're trying to do, but if you really need it to be done in the way you described, I can't help you I'm afraid.)

JLowther

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can't you just use Yanfly's event copier?
And in the main event you'll be copying, you place the 4 switches required to be on?
If I'm understanding you correctly, this would have the same effect right?

Otherwise another solution, might be placing multiple conditional branches in the event you're copying.
Basically saying, that if switch 1 is on, do action X, and if switch 2 is on, do action Y.
(I'm not really sure what you're trying to do, but if you really need it to be done in the way you described, I can't help you I'm afraid.)

It's a strange situation, I admit, but what I'd like to do is basically allow each event to copy another event based upon a certain variable enabled at the time.

This actually wouldn't be an issue at all except for the fact that event pages cap at 20, as many of the events that are activated have different states that require multiple pages (things like switches and lockers which have different states and appearances).

If QImport worked as it said it should, that would be perfect, as it appears to allow you to import via comment in an event which then allows you to pick which event it will copy based upon a variable.

Either way, I'll make it work (I'm likely going to have to split the pool of copying events in half, but so be it). Just wondered if there was an easier solution out there or something that I was overlooking (which I'm definitely guilty of from time to time).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just laid down a sick nasty new post in the MagiCats! Infinite Sadness thread! Lemme give ya a big ol' hug for it.

bg6.jpg
Wheel of Attacks.png

MORE GAMBLING THEMED ATTACKS!

I AM UNABLE TO STOP!
Is it ok to repost stuff that i've posted to threads in the status feed?
If so, here's art of Shiloh, the main protagonist of the game i'm making:20220807_181702.jpg
They are meant to be ambiguous in gender, like Frisk from Undertale or Gogo from FFVI. I haven't decided what their age will be yet. Any ideas?
Please comment what you think about the art and design!
ScreenShot_8_10_2022_7_15_21.png
Looks like Mike's got a new party member in Robbi...

Calf survival story with a happy ending.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wintt