Witch of compilations.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Hope Im in the right forum.

Thing is, I have this project on Ace that I cant import to MV because sprites stuff. But I want to use MV maps that I got on a pack in Ace.

It is possible to transfer the MV maps to Ace?

Spaske

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You could try to make a map in Ace and replace it with the map from MV in the project folder, tbh i dunno if it works tho and how it would look because the sprites are quiet different.
but its worth a try.
I have no Ace, so i cant try, sry.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That will not work. The map files are saved in a completely different format. The OP is wanting to use MV maps in Ace, not Ace maps in MV.

You would need to have a script to read the MV map file and convert it from JSON to the RGSS data format. AFAIK no script exists to do that. I know there has been at least one other request for this, but I wrote the script to convert from Ace to MV, and it was a LOT of work. I don't know if anyone would want to go to the trouble of converting the other way for one or two requests.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think the best way is to use a free graphic editor to downsize the graphic files and then remake the map in Ace. of course for legal concerns, you would have to check with the resource Terms Of Use, but if it's the default graphics, then it's fine if you own both editors.

Juanita Star

Witch of compilations.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Thanks everyone for your input! I think my best bet for now is trying to just... make the map a parallax map.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hi everyone! Enjoying this nice long weekend. How are you all doing? :)
I just successfully tested having events check if specific actors are in a particular party slot and then changing image to match. This will let me make scenes take into account who is in the party at the time and arrange them accordingly - this is important since I'll have extra actors beyond current party. The script used is the same from MV and is compatible with my current core plugin setup in MZ. Thank goodness.
That awkward moment when you're talking about thinking about writing a limited shop stock plugin for MZ and then find out you already wrote one...last May. My memory is so bad.
When I open my project and I'm like, hell yeah.
Some drawings I made in Lapis, one day I intend to involve them in some RPG Maker project.
* maybe two wall frames
*or some sprite flower tiara, or maybe it inspires someone to do something.
bdd19b62e539d17b3b00cc3d63034f7d.jpg

fcca5c8471b34483da8e032cfe579275.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L4TNG