Importing video into RPG Maker 2003?

roachchild

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I've noticed the resource manager allows importing "Movies" but I've never seen this used or explained anywhere. Can't seem to find any definitive answers on forums. Can someone explain to me this works?

I'm assuming it needs to be a certain format and size to work properly? And how do I play a video file in-game?

If this has been explained in another thread, feel free to link it.

KenKrath

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've noticed the resource manager allows importing "Movies" but I've never seen this used or explained anywhere. Can't seem to find any definitive answers on forums. Can someone explain to me this works?

I'm assuming it needs to be a certain format and size to work properly? And how do I play a video file in-game?

If this has been explained in another thread, feel free to link it.
About a year or so ago I saw something on this (couldn't remember if it were google or on this forum). RPG maker takes a certain type of movie file that is not common (.avi, .wav. mpg4, etc). It's a type of video file that I haven't heard of before.

Anyhow you should find the type of file RPG Maker needs by simply googling it. Then use an online video converter (i.e. ."convert .avi to 'RPG Maker file type'") and voila you should have the file to import your movie.

I was actually thinking about adding some short animation movies to my project too and still might do it.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
When I used Rm2k a lot, I remember that the right format was AVI, but I believe I used WMV too (very low quality).

I particularly prefer to do it with "Images", the possibilities are:
  • Animated or effect logo (Simulated)
  • Simulate layers to make Cutscenes without a lot of work.
  • Use GIF frames separated by an extractor.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My original idea of a quest where you just paid money to complete it (it made sense in context) somehow got turned into decorate a table with a variety of choices so that the majority of players will have different looking tables.
XGkudjn.png

Latest custom tileset work for Raptor Revolt includes beach debris and palm tree. Can't wait to go to the beach!
Doing RPG Maker News #13 | More Yokai, Overworld Edits, Actor Specific Movement, Ultra Localization
One year on, one year off seems to be my theme lol
unknown.png

Finished coloring her and giving her different character portraits. Wanted to show a few of them :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BackgroundN0ise