Importing video into RPG Maker 2003?

roachchild

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I've noticed the resource manager allows importing "Movies" but I've never seen this used or explained anywhere. Can't seem to find any definitive answers on forums. Can someone explain to me this works?

I'm assuming it needs to be a certain format and size to work properly? And how do I play a video file in-game?

If this has been explained in another thread, feel free to link it.

KenKrath

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've noticed the resource manager allows importing "Movies" but I've never seen this used or explained anywhere. Can't seem to find any definitive answers on forums. Can someone explain to me this works?

I'm assuming it needs to be a certain format and size to work properly? And how do I play a video file in-game?

If this has been explained in another thread, feel free to link it.
About a year or so ago I saw something on this (couldn't remember if it were google or on this forum). RPG maker takes a certain type of movie file that is not common (.avi, .wav. mpg4, etc). It's a type of video file that I haven't heard of before.

Anyhow you should find the type of file RPG Maker needs by simply googling it. Then use an online video converter (i.e. ."convert .avi to 'RPG Maker file type'") and voila you should have the file to import your movie.

I was actually thinking about adding some short animation movies to my project too and still might do it.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
When I used Rm2k a lot, I remember that the right format was AVI, but I believe I used WMV too (very low quality).

I particularly prefer to do it with "Images", the possibilities are:
  • Animated or effect logo (Simulated)
  • Simulate layers to make Cutscenes without a lot of work.
  • Use GIF frames separated by an extractor.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Alright, I left the modern girl in fantasy brain's hands while I get my - MODERN GIRL WHAT HAPPENED?! I blame fantasy brain for this.

WinaElemental.png
I just realized that, while I was waiting for our little Easter Game to be approved in the Completed Games Thread, the game was already listed for more than a week, without me noticing x.x

So ... very delayed happy easter to everyone I guess? : D
WIP
3t2Xc52pKS7ptwWCFMrSen.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadBonn