Improved/Combined Weapon Skills [Question]

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Magistar, May 23, 2019.

1. Magistar

Magistar Grand Author of Worlds Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Alright, so I am using DreamX's plugin for creating random affixes to loot dropped. Now I've figured out how to use the Weapon Skills plugin to create some interesting item combinations. Now, what I'm trying to figure out is if there is a way (or plugin) that can check for specific Weapon Skills, and then cause the Weapon to use an enhanced skill instead.

EX: Your weapon is a "Masterwork Dagger" which has the weapon skill of "Blade Rush". It's a strong skill and works well for lines of enemies. Currently if your dagger is a "Burning Masterwork Dagger" it will have the weapon skill of "Blaze Cut" which is a single target skill. Since "Burning" is the affix last in the list of Prefixes it's weapon skill is the one used.

DreamX stated that the plugin combines the notetag area information, which means that the Skill tags are still there. I'm guessing I would have to commission, create, or request a plugin for what I want. Yet, if anyone knows a way to do this without plugins that would be nice.

Ideal Situation: Your "Masterwork Dagger" skill of "Blade Rush" becomes the "Ash and Embers" skill when you enchant with the "Heat" element. Different elements would combine differently with each skill.

2. robhav

robhav Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Don't know anything about DreamX's plugin but Yanfly's Weapon Unleash plugin lets you change a weapon's skill using javascript tags. You just put an if statement in the weapon's note tag box that checks for the condition you're looking for and if it's true it will change that weapon's attack skill.