Improved Mouse Input (Click Once Edition)

Rehtinor

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Howdy Improved Mouse Input is a plugin that makes the mouse highlight menu elements on mouse over. The days of clicking an item once to highlight it and again to select it are over! Incidentally this will also apply to Touch input which I am unable to test for myself.

Features:
  • Highlight menu items on mouse-over instead of by clicking.
  • Only click menu items once to select them~!
License:
  • You are free to use this plugin in any RMMV project.
  • You may use this plugin for free without limitation.
  • You may credit me optionally, would be nice. :3
Script Modifies:
  • TouchInput._onMouseMove
  • Window_Selectable.prototype.update
Notes:
  • Please post any bugs or suggestions below, I will be using this plugin in my upcoming game.
Download:

Last edited:

HuskyTrooper

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This was really needed and should have been there from the beginning, good job. "Watching" this topic for once I re-take my project.

Krindlekrist

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is an excellent QOL improvement! A tooltip / mouseover hint extension would also be great if at all possible.

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
How would you get this to work with choices?

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please let me put lots of suggestions in this thread. You don't have to implement all of them, instead you can just take them as ideas that you feel interested.
  • Mouse icon;
  • Auto hide mouse when inactive for several times or when keyboard was pressed to make mouse cursor less distracted for player;
  • Option to enable or disable mouse click and hiding mouse cursor when mouse click is disabled;
  • Double click mouse for dash, single click mouse for walking, so character don't always running when using mouse, similar like classic Diablo game.
  • And the last is the feature that I need for my Tactical RPG: Script call to enable and disable screen to move when mouse cursor reaching top, bottom, right, or left side of the screen. Similar with RTS Game like Age of Empire or Warcraft.
Thank you for making this awsome plugin.

Rehtinor

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Howdy, I'm not really interested in dedicating a lot of time to and individual plugin, rather I am creating what I intend to use.

However a Mouse Icon or custom cursor graphic is something I would want so that'll get my attention. Since I'll need to figure out how to hide the cursor for the custom graphic anyways I can also implement auto-hide after inactivity.

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
However a Mouse Icon or custom cursor graphic is something I would want so that'll get my attention. Since I'll need to figure out how to hide the cursor for the custom graphic anyways I can also implement auto-hide after inactivity.
Would you be interested in getting this to work with choices?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

suspended on twitter for calling an ahole an ahole & appealing the tweet; furious at myself for being even slightly upset with my suspension: oh no, you've been temporarily banned from hell. GET OVER IT, me.
how can you download the tiles from a forum post here? HELP
That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:
Trying to make it so my map is cleared of "random" events after the player leaves the map... to little success >.< I think I might need to ask help for this.
Had my first interaction with a legit homophobe concerning one of my games today. Tempting to engage, but pointless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CecilGP