• Total voters

RetroBoy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I still want this implemented. It seems to be a "Simple way" of having a lot more strategy and customizing enemies. If someone wants to keep it the original way, they don't have to check the box that enables it in the builder but from what I've read its all pros. I want this to be implemented so I can get working on a plugin that RNGs the equipment each monster is holding to make grinding and playing Thief-Classes more interesting.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It should honestly be even simpler than a check box. Just have the editor set the unused stats to 0. So if someone doesn't want to put equip on the enemy, they leave it blank, like we do now with actor equips. If they don't want a class, set it to a no class selection. And so on. In fact, if this does get implemented, I imagine it would have to set the values to 0 or no equipment or no class as default for the sake of all games in progress right now. Plus, that would make sense as a default too.

RetroBoy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks or the Tech Support BG you're a champ.

ashikai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm actually ok with how enemies are set up stat-wise... but I don't like static battlers so it would be cool if enemies could be assigned sprite sheets or if there was more crossover in that way.

Sarlecc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay so I wanted to see what would need to get added to Game_Enemy just to see what it would look like. I was using @bgillisp idea as a base instead of my idea. This does not include any changes to Game_Troop or DataManager (or any other JavaScript file that may need to get changed). It also only includes functions that would need to get added/changed for Game_Enemy and is entirely based on what is in Game_Actor. I also didn't include defaults for variables but that shouldn't be to hard to add.

Game_Enemy_Additions example of what would need to get added.

So now I have a few more questions:
1. Enemies have conditions for their skills; however classes do not. How would this work with this suggestion?
2. Actors don't currently give exp so how will enemies gain exp for leveling up? Will it be based on the exp that enemies give or would there be a different formula for this?
3. What about item drops? How would this suggestion affect that? Would you want something based on the equipment that the enemy has in addition to what they can drop?

@ashikai That would be a useful feature.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Sarlecc

1) I think AI should remain with the enemy, we could also add a class AI and maybe have another setting on the enemy which says like "Use Class AI: %" to determine how often the enemy uses the class AI rather than its own AI but it might have a lot of implications as to how the game flows internally

2) Most probably, based from what I've read is that they basically want to make enemies scale to the party level (with modifiable scaling factor per enemy). This also is the most logical since enemies are only created once battle begins anyway.

Sarlecc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) So make a class tab for enemies in the editor separate from the actor class tab? With say conditions for skills in it? Logically this might be a very good choice as then any other enemy related things related to leveling could be held there too away from the actor classes. (like increases to gold/exp gains based on the enemies level or something like that).

2) So something on the lines of grabbing the average party exp (or total party exp?). Apply that through the enemy changeExp function with the exp rate function taking effect (this would be the multiplier). Then the end level would be based on the enemies class.

Fornoreason1000

Black Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Voted Yes
this is literally one of the reasons i wanted Troop and Animation note boxes, so i can hack in actors instead of enemies with SV. It also address the fact that enemies despite having a SV Folder section, cannot be assigned an SV battle sprite as far as I'm aware of.

Enemies are pretty dull things now.. .not even a description for them. this would breathe a little more life into them.

Edgre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Forgive me for not understanding, but I'm still new. Would a use for this to be something like: I create a single enemy type on the list, but then when inserting a specific enemy I can at the time of creating that event grant that instance levels? So, for example, I have an enemy type Orc. Then when I go to put the orc down as an event, I can add say three levels of rogue (or fighter, or cleric) etc to make a specific Orc of that difficulty? If that's the case, I would think this works well. Further, you could then create some generic "Monster" classes, that could be similarly used to just up the difficulty of your monsters. Stuff like Sneaky to give a generic set of rogue like abilities. Tough, to give some general Fighter/defender like abilities. This would allow you to bring in variety pretty quickly. But maybe I'm reading into this idea what I would like to see more than what you are specifically suggesting.

RetroBoy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would not have it happened when you set an event, but rather have it set in the Monster's Database Entry. Essentially the Enemy Tab would end up looking a heck of a lot like the Actor Tab (sprite sheet and all if you could), except you'd have a drop down menu where you could add Class and Advancement Rate (if any). So if you wanted Orcs to have four different classes, you'd still have to have like four Orc Enemies and place them in a troop, but otherwise yes... you could make custom monster classes. Clever idea. :)

Dalamar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Sarlecc

1) I think AI should remain with the enemy, we could also add a class AI and maybe have another setting on the enemy which says like "Use Class AI: %" to determine how often the enemy uses the class AI rather than its own AI but it might have a lot of implications as to how the game flows internally

2) Most probably, based from what I've read is that they basically want to make enemies scale to the party level (with modifiable scaling factor per enemy). This also is the most logical since enemies are only created once battle begins anyway.
Class AI settings would also make auto-battlers not completely horrible if the settings could be applied to actor classes as well as enemy classes.

SamJones

Autorun
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So how do you propose the difference between random mooks and "named" enemies be implemented?

Fornoreason1000

Black Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SamJones I think the idea is to replace the random incompetent enemies with these more adaptable enemies.
Personally i don't see a problem with the implementation. the Enemies stats get modified at the point they are instantiated , the class thing can be used to dictate how the enemies will level up and the skills they can use against you. AI happens when the enemies selects it next move. In fact everything this system suggest is totally implementable just with note tags and plugins.

SamJones

Autorun
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SamJones I think the idea is to replace the random incompetent enemies with these more adaptable enemies.
Thing is, you either get all of the mooks getting the same upgrades together or you are again having to handle it like it is already handled in RM --- by making separate enemies and troops for the variants if you want to mix them up. Everything else and you either lose control or you will be dealing with a massive accounting overhead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.
Why is there so much month left at the end of money? D=
Hello humans! How goes your day in this journey of living? I hope it is good, for I am human like you, and I am feeling great! Worship the altar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AKPoliandro