Tutorial-Blog Improving Key Items with Common Events

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Incase I'm not mistaken, you can do this with Equipment items too, can't you? Like, if you equip an item that causes death when used in-battle, and then you use it in-battle...that would have to be triggered through a Common Event, huh?

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@PoptartPresident Yep, you can use common events with battle items as well (though for an item that just causes death we probably wouldn't need to worry about common events and could just use the damage section). I just didn't want the tutorial getting too long, so I just focused on some simpler item ideas. :)

If anyone has some item ideas (or anything else) they'd like to see a tutorial about, please let me know!

EmmaB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice tutorial @hiddenone! I don't usually use the Game Data options in the engine; now I'm beginning to understand how to use them a bit more. :) Thanks a lot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i love my game very much
Uh, I'm probably overthinking this, but I think that some of my music sounds kinda...bad?
The melodies are just sort of awkward, and don't flow.
I'm really not sure what to do. Why am I even worrying about this? I don't even have a battle system yet!
And the Lord said, let there be lighting effects! And there were lighting effects! And it was good...ish? Might tweak this some more.
Today was a day of good things! Thank you fate! I pray to the darkness that those that read this will enjoy a good day as well! Power to the gam mak.
People3_1 and People3_2 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuisema