Blue001

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very simple suggestion that helps improve speed you can work on maps.

Left Click Zoom In or Out to move it 1 step, like it does currently.

But, Right Clicking them could move it 2 steps instead, so you can zoom in or out much faster. No need for new buttons, no need to change it's current function to add the new one. This way it wouldn't throw people off.

Also, make - and + near the numpad, function the same as these zoom buttons. As far as I can tell they are not keybound in the editor anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

starcrescendo

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'd like to add that Ctrl + mouse wheel would be a pretty intuitive way of zooming. I know it like this from graphic software. :)

I definitely agree that improvement to the Zoom function would be helpful as per @Blue001's post. I was just making a thread about this when I saw this one and was going to make the same suggestion @Liak posted. I Here is my unposted post since it makes more sense here, I think:

Hi, I have a simple usability suggestion. Would it not make sense to be able to hold CTRL or SHIFT and then allow the use the mouse wheel to zoom on the map editor? This is similar to how most programs work, Adobe software, 3Ds max, Unity, (most of) Office, etc.  

I can't get the zooming to actually even work with the shortcut key CTRL + + as is mentioned in the editor, although CTRL + - does Zoom Out. (don't know if that's just me or not) but in most other programs you can use the mouse wheel instead of manually clicking a button repeatedly.

It looks like some basic functionality for mouse wheel gestures are already in the program. You can use the mouse wheel to go vertically in the map editor and you can hold ALT + mouse wheel to scroll horizontally. It would make sense to add this feature, I'm sure there's more "fun" tweaks that could be added, but I believe we were asked to make posts about things that might actually get added so this is my suggestion!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Not easy to find DS resources, is it? I need to make a good compilation thread linking to all the artists that do DS...
Spent a whole evening planning Stats, Animations, Abilities of 24 different weapons.. Only to realize I was just Bloating the Game. In the end i decided to stick with only 6.
Haven’t gotten over a mentor’s promotion. He deserves it, but he was the first person to be nice to me at work. It’s been hard for me to let him go.
So its confirmed MZ will have tile size locked at 48x48. So thats extremely lame. Still probably going to get it for the assets but Im gonna pout the whole time.
A friend used to ask why I don't colorize most of my drawings? The answer: I'm colorblind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
studiojap