In battle dialogue?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by Mrpaulyshore, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Mrpaulyshore

Mrpaulyshore Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    I know I ask a lot of stupid questions, but this one has been perplexing me for sometime. When a battle event occurs I want my party to have a belief conversation with one another because one of them knows the

enemy is weak to thunder. The conditions say don't run so i have tired using "battle"  "moment" and "turn 0" and the battle either freezes or no dialogue occurs? quick hand anyone? or is there a tutorial about in battle events? i really love some of the tutorials people have done as of late.

2. dinhbat3

dinhbat3 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I assume you only want the action to occur once. So the span should be set to Battle.

If you want the text to occur RIGHT as you enter battle. you would make the condition Turn 0 + 0*x

If you want the text to occur after inputting commands on turn 1. The condition would be Turn 1 + 0*x

Are you sure you put the event in the correct troop?

Are you sure you made it show text correctly?

If none of this is the answer you may want to post a screen shot for people to better help.

~ Dinhbat

3. Mrpaulyshore

Mrpaulyshore Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Yes Thank you, worked like a charm, I play around with the program but there are a lot of simple little things i sometimes don't get. I appreciate your input and help.