In battle enemy animation, are they possible?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Benny Jackdaw, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Benny Jackdaw

Benny Jackdaw Ratty! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    I have been using RPG Maker MV for a bit, and I have to be honest that I am a little disappointed that there are less trigger options in battle, even compared to really old RPG Maker installments like RPG Maker 2000. And to be honest, I'm thinking about making a short game that contains a bear boss.

anyway, a little bit of random info about me is that I have a lot of different bear characters, and it's kind of been a recurring thing for my Bears 2 do this little rap about themselves when confronting an enemy. In my game earthquake Warriors RPG, one of the characters is a bear named Dobbins who can transform into a gigantic, overstuffed version of them self with more muscle. Often times when he does this he performs a rap similar to all my other bear characters. The raps lyrics very every time, but they always start the same: "*4-bit beatbox" I'm a mighty bear! I like characters that are Hammy, comical, and fun, which is why I do that.

A game I plan on making also happens to have a giant bear boss who performs a similar rap before battle, but I kind of want to show this in the fight, and I want to show him doing a little animation while doing that. Now this is perfectly possible. What I don't know it is possible, and I want to do this to, but I kind of want him to animate in battle. I also want him to do an animation every time he defeats one of the heroes, and I want him to give off this nervous laugh every time he gets hit, as I have a soft spot for bosses that do that or smile and close their eyes when they got hit and games because it makes them look more hammy an egotistical. Finally I also want him to look shocked when he loses.

Most of this does seem to be possible if I utilize the background to create different effects, what the idle animation is what baffles me. I don't know how I can possibly do that. But then again maybe it's best I don't want because that's adding a lot of ambition to what I'm trying to make a simple project, kind of like a starter RPG and MV.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    Sauteed_Onion likes this.
  2. JGreene

JGreene Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you want the enemy character to strike a different pose or something that isn't on the battler sheet he's using, you'll either have to create a new battler sheet to swap and use when you need to... or create an animation using that sprite and the poses you want while hiding the actual character to avoid redundancy on the screen. Either way, you're looking at basically the same thing.

3. Guanto

Guanto Auteur Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So let's say the new battler sheet with new animations is created to default specs, what then would the next step to achieving OP's wish?