Lostsouls46

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello!

I am designing a battle system where the players would be able to chain skills together for powerful effects. In between each chained skill, the player completes a progressively harder QTE otherwise they lose their turn and the chain breaks. In MV, I was using astfgl66's QTEWindow plugin to accomplish this as I really like the way it displays the information, including a progress bar, and is highly customizable. However I cannot find a similar plugin to do this in MZ, the QTEWindow plugin does not work with FOSSIL, and I contacted astfgl66 who does not wish to port it to MZ and has given me permission to request it.

Does anyone have any suggestions to a similar plugin, or how I can achieve a similar effect? If some kind soul would like to put this together for me I'd be extremely grateful.

Thanks,
Lostsouls46

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I can't point you to an alternative, but I will advise you to consider this carefully from an accessibility perspective: some people find the rapid button-pressing requirements of QTEs to be extremely difficult if not impossible, so if you base your battle system so heavily on such a thing you'll be excluding a good portion of people from being able to properly play your game.

Lostsouls46

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I can't point you to an alternative, but I will advise you to consider this carefully from an accessibility perspective: some people find the rapid button-pressing requirements of QTEs to be extremely difficult if not impossible, so if you base your battle system so heavily on such a thing you'll be excluding a good portion of people from being able to properly play your game.
I appreciate it. I've actually been in pretty consistent turmoil for the past two weeks trying to come up with an engaging, fluid, turn-based battle system. Oxymoron? Maybe. But, I think with proper tweaking (and a significant amount of work) it can be done. Maybe... :kaoswt2:

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think if you have at least an option to increase the timer for inputting commands it would be fine. The key is allowing something that gives leeway to people who struggle with it.

Lostsouls46

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think if you have at least an option to increase the timer for inputting commands it would be fine. The key is allowing something that gives leeway to people who struggle with it.
I was actually planning on easing the player into it by having the starting QTE's be simple (like 3-4 presses) with a long time, follow up skills would be slightly harder (4-5) with a shorter timer and finishers to be the hardest (5-6) with the shortest time, that way, I can introduce the harder skills later in the game after the player has gotten their feet wet with the system. Its in its infancy at the moment, as I haven't really been able to test much (I have an infant at home lol), but that was the general idea.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did a quick update of FOSSIL, 1.0.11 should work with the plugin now (at least, in my quick test - didn't have a ton of time to work on it).

A couple of things that it needed (like forced action queuing and the Utils.rgbToCssColor function) should make other plugins work better too.

KARAKURT

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
I join the request. ASTFGL66's plugin does not support touchscreen.

Lostsouls46

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Did a quick update of FOSSIL, 1.0.11 should work with the plugin now (at least, in my quick test - didn't have a ton of time to work on it).

A couple of things that it needed (like forced action queuing and the Utils.rgbToCssColor function) should make other plugins work better too.
Dang Restart, you rock!

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Worked on a cutscene skip domino effect using Maker Systems' script as the basis. Basically if I have a batch of cutscenes in a row on different maps, now when you skip one cutscene it will skip the entire set. No more spamming X to skip a scene every new map.

Oh and it will work regardless of where you do it from in the set. Convenient!
seems absolutely WILD to me now all the hundreds of hours of work I used to do in 2k(3) over a decade ago with a resolution of 320x240. that seems so insanely TINY now, seemed so normal at the time!
Playing Aroma Indosiar theme song.
Aroma is an Indonesian TV show about cooking. :)
Working on a characteeer! (Why is it so hard to color hair?) ;-;
Silly-Sketches.png
Just finished eventing a couple simple puzzles in RMMV, for my very first game "Sample Quest." Just messing around, throwing things together, and calling it a story XD On a non-RM note, got my hair cut today!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fencis