Is Sinistar
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey all,
Forgive me if this is in the wrong place as I'm assuming I'm going to need a script to do this.
Long story short, I want the characters to move faster with their normal walking speed, but setting it up from 4 to 5 will make it too fast. I'm looking to have the default walk speed around halfway between 4 and 5, think something inline with the default walk speed in RPG Maker 2000.

Apologies if I'm not really clear with what I want, I'll try to explain better if needed :)

Thanks for any assistance,
-Shady

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
if you're doing this in a move route, it should be as simple as adding the following script call:
Code:
move_speed = 4.5

I didn't test it, but it should be something like that.
If you're not using it inside a move route, the script call would be a little different.

Last edited:

shadefoundry

Is Sinistar
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Hudell That seems to be what I'm looking for although pasting just that in gives me a syntax error. I'll play around with it this weekend and see if I can get it working. Thanks! :)

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Hudell That seems to be what I'm looking for although pasting just that in gives me a syntax error. I'll play around with it this weekend and see if I can get it working. Thanks! :)
Yeah, I had mixed it with JS code by accident. I've just updated the post now.

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That won't work for ruby since "this" is a JavaScript keyword. The equivalent for ruby is "self". (EDIT: ninjed XD) Besides move_speed is read-only, you cannot change it like that.

You should add something in your Game_CharacterBase class that allows you to change the move_speed value. Add this to your material scripts:
Code:
class Game_CharacterBase
    def set_speed(value)
        @move_speed = value
    end
end

Then you can use this line in your events:
Code:
$game_events[id].set_speed(new_speed)
# id is either the event id or @event_id if the affected event is the same that contains this line.
# new_speed is tour new speed value.

I hope it helps.

EDIT:
move_speed = 4.5
this line only creates a local variable called move_speed. It won't change the character move speed.

Last edited:

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That won't work for ruby since "this" is a JavaScript keyword. The equivalent for ruby is "self".
this line only creates a local variable called move_speed. It won't change the character move speed.

Yeah, I should stop trying to write code based on memories of two years ago :X

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Hudell well, nobody could remember things perfectly after 2 years of not practicing a language. :) Mistakes and syntax errors ambush you even when you practice a language every day...that's coding XD

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Day 2 of my redesign journey, as a follow up from the previous post :kaothx:
pXiRJSm.jpg

This is Cedric's son, Apollo!
New pet peeve: Telling tech support personnel what something is doing, only for them to tell me (in excessively condescending tones) what it should be doing. Yes, I know what it should be doing, and if it was doing that, I wouldn’t be talking to you and your attitude problem about it right now, would I? >.<
uglywolf wrote on Khulse's profile.
Hello.
The rules I makes pun about on your last thread is about "Verify Files" before anything else, if the stuff comes from STEAM. Which means, if it could be fixed with just that, there is no need to redownload the whole stuff.
But glad the reinstall worked, hope you enjoy it and your days too.
uh oh, I just tapped into a fresh, deep vein of nightmare fuel right here guys:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tweeti