In combat morale bar

MelodyofE

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
In the game that me and a friend are currently working on, we want to implement a morale bar in combat. I’ve been searching and found a number of plugins, but I still haven't found anything to actually make it work. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some plugins that can make this happen.

Ideally, we want to display a bar that fills and empties as things happen. Characters taking and deal damage would affect the bar. Critical hits would fill it more and certain actions, such as skills, will give bonuses/penalties to morale. And once the morale bar reaches certain levels, bonuses and penalties will be applied to the party.

I’ve found some plugins that can help me display a bar in combat such as OrangeHUD, but I can’t find a way to make the bar move as morale is gained and lost. I have some idea of how to do things to affect morale through variables, but not sure of a way to make things like taking damage in combat affect variable. And ideally the morale will reset after combat ends, but that's not necessarily required. I can work around that.

I know this is probably going to require multiple plugins and or common events and things, so I know it’s a lot. But if anyone can point me to some plugins that might help me accomplish even parts of this, I’d really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you’re not planning on using tp for your game you could repurpose the tp bar into a morale bar.

MelodyofE

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh! I didn't get a message that there was a response. I am using TP and even if I wasn't, I wanted the morale bar to affect everyone, not individually. So the morale bar will be raised or lowered if anyone takes or deals damage and there will be party-wide buffs and debuffs based on the morale level.

I can try to put various things together, but one thing I can't figure out is how to have a variable be affected by combat actions.

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can set common events in your skills that can change your variables.

MelodyofE

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's true I can do that, but I'd like the thing that triggers the variable to change be "take damage" rather than because a skill was used. The big difference is that I could make, say, the attack command modify the variable, but then the variable would change even if the user missed. I can't figure out how to make it so that the attack must hit in order for the variable to change.

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I bet you could use a script call in a troop event to check if the attack hit. Yanfly's base troop events would let you copy it to all troops. Not sure what the script call would be but I know I've seen a thread where someone else needed to check if an attack hit. You might try searching for it.

MelodyofE

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hm... Interesting. I do have that plugin. I will have to do some poking around and see if I can find anything. Thanks for the suggestion!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My pumpkin! Anyone like Fallout?

It's not terrible, but could be better. This thing took me over an hour to carve. :kaophew:

Dad's watching a WWII documentary while I work on some cool assets for my games. I just love RPG Maker!
Also Happy Halloween! Dad's friend won't be coming unfortunately, but Dad will still be taking me to Boxi Park to have some fun tonight! I'll be posting a video on my YouTube channel of the show, and I'll be sure to post a link here.
"Nightmares exist outside of logic and there's little fun to be had in explanations. They're antithetical to the poetry of fear. In a horror story the victim keeps asking why, but there can be no explanation and there shouldn't be one..." - Stephen King
I feel people seek explanation and demand it sometimes in games, but in the horror genre, well, maybe you shouldn't have one. Silent Hill 1 comes to mind...
Managed to implement QSprite.

Always double check your plugin order.

Finally! I've been puzzling over why it wasn't working for two days now. Turns out all of my calculations were correct, I just forgot to give some events hitboxes. :kaoswt: Now my randomly generated maps check for collision errors, and move stuff around in real time if they finds any. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emcautley1