Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Fyx In-Depth Maps

Version 2.0

Introduction

This script is not exactly plug-n-play. You have to mark tiles that you want above the player with a region. Then, you have to surround those tiles with the non-passable region. It sounds complicated, but it really isn't. Check out the demo :D

Features

• Create overhead walls/roofs/ceilings. The player can pass behind them.
  • Turn the system on and off with a switch.
  • Using a specific route, define areas where the player can 'pass' through to secret areas. See the demo, in the cave.

Screenies

A map of a mountainous route being setup:

And a house being setup:

Aaaand an in-game, normally you couldn't get where the player is:

Script

Please get the newest version 2.0 script from the demo.

Here's a demo too:

v2.0 Demo

FAQ / Notes

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

If you use this in your project, don't forget to credit me ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

~NeXy~

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
Umm... I implemented it in a clean project, in the following order:

FyxTile module.

Fyx In-Depth Maps

and nothing happens... I still can't get behind walls :/

FenixFyreX

Fire Deity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
:/ It's working for me. Are you talking about the A4 tiles, or A3 buildings? Cause this only affects A4 for now.

EDIT: Thanks to IceDragon's testing, I found the problem. Try it now.

ShadowFox

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've tried it but the character is still not going under the ceiling tiles. I have tried everything I can think of. The following link is the demo of the file.

Overhead Ceiling.rar

(If that does not work then here is a freefilehosting website link: http://www.freefileh...erheadceiling_1

EDIT: Because I'm at college I am unable to download from mediafire

Attachments

FenixFyreX

Fire Deity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I know. I am actually changing the way this system works completely; the OP will be updated when I'm finished.

ShadowFox

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
OK.Thanks again.

FenixFyreX

Fire Deity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright, version 2.0 is up, and stable. Get it from the demo which also shows you how to use it :)

Safebox

8 People - 1 Name
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I don't have RMVX Ace but I still want to take a look at this. Screenshots please?

FenixFyreX

Fire Deity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There you go, I posted some. If I ever get the time, I'll do this for vx too, using areas, or events, or idk. Lol.

AmnesiacJack

Some Dude
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow this will save me so much time and it's so easy to use. I had planned on parallaxing every map that had a wall to walk behind but now that's not needed. Thanks a ton for this.

Rixis (릭시스)

Mecha Queen
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
Do you think in a future update it would be possible to to create some kind of shadow under the parts you walk under so you can see your character in some way :)

I think it would be really useful! But im sure it's a lot easier said than done. But Anyway just a suggestion and hope you consider this script is exactly something I need :]!

FenixFyreX

Fire Deity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Rixis - Yes, it's possible. My next version will include this, and a couple other things.

ShadowFox

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome. Thanks. The script works this time, so thanks again.

Edit:

Something very weird has just happened.

I've upload the 2 pictures. The first is with the script switched off and the next is when it is on.

Just wondering if there is a way to have the script to be on but showing the tiles as if it was switched off?

View attachment 250

View attachment 251

FenixFyreX

Fire Deity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Umm...the tiles of that particular house aren't layer 0 on the map. That house is part of TileB-E, and thus doesn't need my system to function...what you need to do is just modify the house's back parts to the star (above player). They are already behind-walkable. You don't need to use the system on that house. Lol.

EDIT: For anyone who wants to know:

My system affects all tiles from layer 0 of the map. That means most of A1, A2, A3, A4, and A5 tiles. Tiles B-E are erased by my system when on top of a layer 0 tile that has the overhead region on it, because the system moves the layer 0 tile to layer 2(where the B-E tiles are). Thus, always make your chimneys/events/etc above player on those particular areas.

ShadowFox

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I see. Well, even in the normal game with the script turned off, some of the tiles will not let the player move behind them.

Here is the demo to show exactly what I mean.

weird problem.rar

Attachments

FenixFyreX

Fire Deity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You don't even have my script installed in that demo; that isn't a problem on my part. That is your passabilities needing to be setup correctly. Lol.

However, I could edit the system to allow a fourth region to modify 2nd layer tiles, which would fix your problem. Or you could just event the fix instead of taking up another region.

ShadowFox

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I see. I have the passabilities set up, and I believe it was set up correctly but as you can see in the demo I could not walk under them.

I do not know if they are set up correctly or not.

Skyelarke

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey,

First off, let me say awesome script! I'm loving what it can do.

I have a problem though...

My wife and I, while testing the script, came across a very interesting issue which isn't covered in any of the comments so I figured I'd point it out. It happens when you save the game (on a map using this script) completely exit the game, and reload the saved game. It acts as if the regions aren't set anymore and the only way to get it to work again is if you're in the editor ---> game launched, is to hit F9 to bring up the switches and variables, select switch #100 (the one you listed controlling the script) turn it on, then turn it back off).

This does a kind of "reset"

To test to see if I screwed something up with my game (so that I wasn't just ranting about your script to troll) I went to your demo, loaded the game, moved around some, saved, exited, and reloaded and sure enough the same problem.

Do I need to set an event to constantly turn the script on and off then turn the event off on each map to get it to work right or do you think you can find the time to figure this problem out?

Let me know as I would really like to keep the script.

Sincerely,

Skyelarke

HK00

!@#$%
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can you add a feature where if you are under a tile then that tile and others with that region # will be affected by an opacity setting so you can see the character while under a tile?

Besides that it is a very nice script.

pinkapinkie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
There's a very, very annoying bug with this script. Sometimes, if you save on a map with passages and reload in that map, passages bug, not allowing you to pass through. Could you fix it please?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Dad's watching a WWII documentary while I work on some cool assets for my games. I just love RPG Maker!
Also Happy Halloween! Dad's friend won't be coming unfortunately, but Dad will still be taking me to Boxi Park to have some fun tonight! I'll be posting a video on my YouTube channel of the show, and I'll be sure to post a link here.
"Nightmares exist outside of logic and there's little fun to be had in explanations. They're antithetical to the poetry of fear. In a horror story the victim keeps asking why, but there can be no explanation and there shouldn't be one..." - Stephen King
I feel people seek explanation and demand it sometimes in games, but in the horror genre, well, maybe you shouldn't have one. Silent Hill 1 comes to mind...
Managed to implement QSprite.

Always double check your plugin order.

Finally! I've been puzzling over why it wasn't working for two days now. Turns out all of my calculations were correct, I just forgot to give some events hitboxes. :kaoswt: Now my randomly generated maps check for collision errors, and move stuff around in real time if they finds any. :LZSexcite:
Ami
--- OP Candy ---

Kids: Trick Or Treat!
Hero: Alright,here's the Candies (Give A Bunch Of Candy).
Kids: Thank you,Mister! (Running)
Hero: How cute they are…
F.Archer: Did you give them a OP Candy,accidently?
Hero: Huh?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emcautley1