Primarily Uses
Very useful, thanks

JonE800

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Could you possibly just give us the script in a spoiler tab thing because the script just doesn't seem to want to load. Thanks.

comefordl

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
i got a big big bug in your demo

then event is under tiles 1 or 3 when you save

you restart the game after you save

the event will on the tiles !!!

i really love that script

can you fix that problem ? ;_;

Shinikaze

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You could also try the parallax mapping script that would probably work for what you want

Rylix

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Engloish
Primarily Uses
This script is amazing and a brilliant idea. I would absolutely love to use it but unfortunately it oddly converts some tiles to impassable. I can't at this point go through my game and individually test and fix tiles so I cannot use your script :(

Jade-Claire

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am having the exact same issue as Rylix. I'd really love to be able to use this script. Is there an easy fix?

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know if you check this or not, but I hope you do and can fix this little bug.  So, I'm using 2.1 of the script and everything looks great, however, if I use the overhead or secret regions on the roof of a house that has a chimney on it, the chimney won't show.  I assume because it's underneath the floor tile.  Now, if I put something as an animated tile using an event, it shows above it, but some of the houses have chimney's billowing smoke, so the smoke shows, but not the chimney anymore.  Basically, it's ignoring B/C tiles.

Thanks for this kick ass script by the way!

Last edited by a moderator:

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for double posting, but this is for a new bug concerning this script.  It seems that for some odd reason, now even tiles in a home that have been placed with the proper region numbers are being ignored, or at least not showing above the character.  This was also tested in reverse from one room to another.  It seems that this is happening with one set of tiles across maps connected to the same parent map, such as:

Map 1

Map 2

Map 3

Map 4

If I exit out of map 2 to map 1, it'll start working again, however if map 2 and map 3 use the same autotiles, but map 4 doesn't and the player never leaves back to map 1, the player will be ABOVE the tiles instead of under them on map 4.  I know it's hard to understand if I explain it, so here's some video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcgS4odp3DM

Hope this helps to explain better than words what I'm talking about.  All three maps featured are under the same parent map.

EDIT:

I see what happened.  The actor got put on a completely different Z-Coordinate, but only on that map.  Odd...

Last edited by a moderator:

ShadowFox

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For some reason in V2.1 the sprite is above the tile, and not underneath it. I do not know why that is.

DVintage

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I haven't had any problems yet and I really love the scripting thanks for the add FireD.

Neverward

Keeping it trill
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is a lovely script I really love it :) only wish you could walk on top of the same tile you can go below (like if I go up a ladder onto a new level, I can't walk onto the ground tile that appears above the character a level below, which if I think about seems like it'd need another layer entirely or something.)

Mihel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Just wanted to point out that this script doesn't work when used with NeonBlack's Star Passability Bug Fix, which is now part of the default scripts of version 1.02a.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Mihel

thanks for the info.  I thought it was me not being competent enough to make it work.  Nice to know that, for once, it's not my stupidity.

ShadowFox

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Mihel
Thanks as well. Though what does happen when you use this script with NeonBlack's script?
I'm asking as I am using both scripts and have yet to come across any problems.

Mihel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
The overhead and secret regions just plain don't function.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That's my experience too.  I'm curious, therefore, how ShadowFox got it working.

ShadowFox

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What version of the script are you using because 2.1 has the player on top of the tiles. But 2.0 has the player underneath the tiles. that was even before I upgraded the program.

And I don't really know how I got it working right.

Mihel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'm using v2.1, but the overhead region worked the same in v2.0 iirc; that is, with the selected region tile passable and above the player, making it look as if you are walking behind/under otherwise impassable tiles, to simulate depth. The player was never meant to be on top of the tiles.

ShadowFox

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
hmm. I don't know then. Maybe try 2.0 with the passability fix script... because like I said 2.1 acted up on me as the player was on top of the tile, not underneath the tile. That was even bore I had upgraded ace to the latest version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kes wrote on Chef's profile.
I have deleted your profile post as our Rules are quite clear that you may not use them to advertise non-RM products, nor may you give a link to anything that solicits payment for you.
140 Thousand words, take one down, toss it around, discover I hate the direction I went and decide to start a complete rewrite.
I like being a butt to people.
Dirtnap wrote on Tyler Warren's profile.
Hi Tyler,

My name is Sean, I am the owner of an indie studio, and I am looking to get some paid art work done. I am working with MV, but our programmer will be heavily modifying it.

If you are interested, or would like to hear more, I can provide my personal e-mail address.

S.G.
The stream will be live shortly with some more Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BwadeZ