[In-dev] Multi-hit Target Selection

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I wanted to be able to select multiple separate targets.
Two example use cases

1. I want to attack an enemy, and then transfer the HP damage to an ally of choice. So it's like a "drain" skill, except instead of sending the HP to the user, you send the HP to a different target.

2. For my grid battle system, I want to have a teleport skill where I teleport OTHER people to a specified location of choice. This involves me picking a TARGET, and then picking a tile on the ground.

I started with the default battle system (well, with my ATB, but it's still pretty default)

Then I added support for my grid battle, which let's you pick targets based on grid selection. Also AoE, just to see how it affects the multi-target selection.

Which was cool. But it didn't solve my problem: right now I'm still stuck with one skill. I also don't really have an easy way to set up scope.

So then I thought, what if I could just chain multiple skills together?
And so I tried it out, and I could now select an enemy and then select an actor quite easily!

Pretty interesting.

I want to add an "action order" indicator along with a "help window" to help players know what they're selecting.

But where can this go from there?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I went and added support for the Grid Battle Engine

First, I did some stuff with AoE and grid selection

But while I can perform separate skills, there wasn't really a way to connect each skill together.

So I added a way for you to get the results of previous skills in the link, which included information such as how much damage you did, how much you recovered, and most importantly, who you targeted.

Now that I'm able to get the previous target (or targets, in the case of an AOE skill), I can now take those targets and move them to the designated tile.

And thus completes my desire to implement a teleportation skill for my grid battle engine.

But how would I do AOE teleportation, where I teleport a group of targets to another location?
:rtear:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am thinking about redoing my portfolio video...
Degica has great discounts now on Steam too. MV & MV DLCs, VX Ace & VX Ace DLCs, and some DLC for MZ with a 10% discount. So if you are missing something, you can catch up now.
I'm streaming @jasonzeno 's game called Moonfall
I've been trying out Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark, and it has an interesting approach to consumable items - you get a limited inventory that is automatically refreshed to max limits (1 or 2 each, craft to expand + improve effect) at the start of each combat. It's a mechanic that goes against the common urge to hoard consumables.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KelvynVem