TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm aware that there're a lot of custom parameter / stat distribution / such script. Though, I can't find the one that could define your own custom attribute in dynamic way. Then I made this script. Basically, it allow you to set up your own attribute and use them in damage formula, and many things. You could have unlimited number of custom attributes and it could also affect the built-in attributes like MHP, MMP, ATK, etc ...

However, due to lack of understanding what are the people need, I abandoned the script at the moment. So I will put the script here in case if there's anyone who wants to contribute to the script development. Please note that I will be using my default terms of use. This script would be free for commercial / non-commercial and it required to give me (and contributors) a free copy of the game if it has finished. There's also a chance that I will continue this script in future.

Here is the script.

https://github.com/theoallen/RGSS3/blob/master/Development/Core%20Custom%20Attributes.rb

There's no screenshot at the moment. Since I haven't do anything related to the menu. Everything is on the system.

Any feedback are welcomed :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I can't find the one that could define your own custom attribute in dynamic way. Then I made this script. Basically, it allow you to set up your own attribute and use them in damage formula, and many things. You could have unlimited number of custom attributes and it could also affect the built-in attributes like MHP, MMP, ATK, etc ...
So something like this? 

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/32767-custom-attributes-v111/

Not dynamic though, if by dynamic you mean you can add/remove attributes during game time...

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I saw your script while did this script, and I mean no offense that I don't really like that

Yeah, I did this long time ago and abandoned it.

By dynamic I mean that you could add your new parameter as well as the new method for it.

For example, Strength. You could use "a.str" to use STR parameter in damage formula

You could add "speech" and use them in conversation using conditional branch. Like

$game_party.leader.speech > 10I believe it could be more readable than 

$game_party.leader.custom_attribute(1) > 10And it also because damage formula is limited to 100 characters

Also, your script didn't affect the built-in parameters like MHP, MMP, ATK, etc ...

Missed the config part.

The old script UI was like this until I'm not really satisfied. I remember Archeia gave me a better mockup, though I haven't implemented that yet

statdist-wip3.jpg

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
making the wrappers wouldn't be so hard to add anyways, IMO. :)

Considering that the purpose was to act as a core which others could use to build their own systems. So adding simple wrappers would be a trivial thing to do for them, if the need for those arise. 

IMHO, the core for a custom attribute script should only do: 

1) Provide a way to make custom attributes

2) Provide a way to call them

3) Provide a way to modify them

4) Provide a way for these custom attributes to affect other things

Everything else would now depend on the user's own agenda. In that sense, mine is already overboard since I added a scene directly into the core script when it should have been an add-on. If they're gonna use it vanilla, then that scene would be used. If they would make it such that it modifies parameters, a scene like on your image will be used, and so on. The scene would depend on the user's final attribute system. :)

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
$game_party.leader.speech > 10I believe it could be more readable than
Code:
$game_party.leader.custom_attribute(1) > 10
I didn't read everything but I saw this and I like it already.

Don't make someone type more than they have to, even if you have to do more work than you normally would have to achieve it.

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I like it already.

suggestions:

it would be cool to have the ability to have different attribute lists for different actors/classes.

Have spells appear/disappear based on stat spread.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

…So I was looking at a question someone had asked and did some related experimentation. Apparently the Jump… movement route command works like the ultimate through. Including letting you move around outside the confines of the map entirely. o_O
Jump.png
Okay so today I heard the dumbest theory I have heard in a loooooooong while. It's so stupid I just have to share... Appearantly I have learned to draw 'hot chicks' so that 'real men' get physically excited by looking at it and I can then swoop in and 'turn' them.... Wow... Just... Amazing how some brains works...
What the writer wrote: "The curtain is blue."
The readers: "There must be a hidden meaning behind this, perhaps to convey the character emotions ...".
What the writer has in mind: "The curtain is frickin' blue".
Time to share something!
hmZFwQe.png

I made these a while ago for my game. I took reference from various huts in Africa.
Have a great night! :D
I really need to buy a new mouse. Mine's keeps double-clicking and makes me waste A LOT of time eventing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jubs