Not open for further replies.

cuppedsunshine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Before anyone gets the wrong idea, I am not asking anyone to make art for a generator! That part I plan to do myself- however, I don't know how to code whatsoever.

Basically, I want to make a generator for face images, character illustrations, static battlers and busts to help devs who cannot draw finish their projects (yes, it will be F2U, at least for noncommercial projects). In the future I may add walksprite and animated side battler support as well, but as of right now my animation and pixel art skills are lacking.

What I would need would be a plugin or external application that functions like the ingame generator, but with areas to select poses/bases and the option to select between generating character illustrations, busts, static battlers, and faces (and room for more options if I do decide to add sprites). I do plan to add Male/Female/Kid compatibility for everything, because even if it takes me an eternity, I'd like to be able to supply the most versatile generator I can for the community. I can't do a visual mockup at the moment (mobilezoned), but it doesn't have to be pretty, just functional and with a lot of sidebar room for option menus and color selection.

My current plan is for the plugin to be for RMMZ, as MZ has the least generator support and the worst base generator in my opinion. If you'd rather work with MV though, I own MV as well.

Sorry for posting a request as my first post on the forum, but I thought of this forum in the middle of the night and didn't want to forget about it! If I need to add more details, I absolutely can in the morning.

Also, even if you're not interested in the coding side of things, I'd love to hear any requests you have for poses, scenarios, or other considerations! Right now I'm thinking that I'll publish the content in waves, like so:
- Wave 1: Faces, Static battlers, Single character illustrations
-Wave 2: Busts, two character illustrations
-Wave 3: Three+ character illustrations

Also, since I've been mulling over this and can't come to a conclusion: should I start by porting MZ and MV generator options, or start fresh with my own?

Anyways, thanks for reading! Sorry if I didn't follow the format properly, I'm very new here ^^" Sorry as well if I posted this in the wrong place!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugins do not work in the editor, only when the game is being played.

So are you asking for an in-game character generator, so players themselves can design their characters?

Or are you just wanting to make a character generator that is an alternative to the default one that comes with RPG Maker? If that is the case, it doesn't need to be a plugin at all, but can be an entirely separate piece of software. I'm not sure where that would go - maybe Useful Development Tools, though that is usually where people ask for or share tools that already exist, not where they go to make their own.

If you intend to sell it, you might need to confirm that you can post it here. We have rules around what resources and programs can be sold, based on whether Degica has any products in the store that it would compete with.

cuppedsunshine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugins do not work in the editor, only when the game is being played.

So are you asking for an in-game character generator, so players themselves can design their characters?

Or are you just wanting to make a character generator that is an alternative to the default one that comes with RPG Maker? If that is the case, it doesn't need to be a plugin at all, but can be an entirely separate piece of software. I'm not sure where that would go - maybe Useful Development Tools, though that is usually where people ask for or share tools that already exist, not where they go to make their own.

If you intend to sell it, you might need to confirm that you can post it here. We have rules around what resources and programs can be sold, based on whether Degica has any products in the store that it would compete with.
Sorry for lack of clarification! I just want to make a character generator as an alternative, and when i said in-editor I meant along the lines of SumRndmDude's HUD editor that can run parallel to the editor (I haven't used it in a little while though, so I may be misremembering how it works!)

Putting it in Development Tools would be fine with me (except that I can't actually code myself, which is why I put it in a request thread), or maybe I could lump it in as an asset thread as a zip of raw image files for people to mess with by hand and cut out the "generator" part entirely?

Also, I don't plan to sell this, so that shouldn't be a problem. By F2U except for commercial projects I just meant that I'm not comfortable with people using my artwork as final assets in a paid project since it's my work.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there!
Well, I'm kinda making one in-game character generator. But I already planned to add a feature to its work as a character generator software too(with the options of various sizes and different pieces)
Progress:

I will probably release it on itch io when it is ready:

cuppedsunshine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there!
Well, I'm kinda making one in-game character generator. But I already planned to add a feature to its work as a character generator software too(with the options of various sizes and different pieces)
Thank you for letting me know! However, I'm not sure this would work for my purposes as part of what I plan to offer is not just regular actor data (faces, etc.) but also customizable cutscene illustrations and battle sprites. Also, I didn't mean that the player would necessarily be able to edit it! ^^" That was a goof on my part, this is meant to be a dev-end tool.

EDIT: Did not mean to say battle sprites, I meant static battler images. Oops...

EDIT TWO: To mods, sorry about abruptly requesting the thread be closed but I've decided I'll make this into a workshop thread instead! Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

yRMekcF.gif

Run, <null> run!
(sprite got butchered a bit while making gif file...)
WOOP WOOP!
NEW CHARACTER ALERT!!!
Please, welcome to the stage...
Ramona Albright.png

Ramona Albright! A 20-year old World Key Guardian in training (More about the WKG's soon!), She is very impulsive, which leads us to the problem of the game. OOF. Kinda wanna wait till you know how to use the friggin World Key, huh?!
Bust sketch here!
IMG_20220124_110105.jpg
Little-by-little, keep improving your projects. That's how you finish them! ;)
Now it's official: My first RPG Maker game released on Steam will be released this year! I am so glad for this achievement and I am so happy to see a lot of gamedevs like me here working on what we love!
Mais informações no Post.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zack01