In Game Character Creator Script and editable Character Stats?

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by Siosis, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Siosis

Siosis Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    This Question I have is about any premade scripts that may allow me to set into my games something similar to the sprite creator tool in VXACE. A Future Project That I have Storyboarded out is with luck going to be setup to be a 2D MMORPG. I have been working with different scripts and trying to simulate the network security protocols that make MMO's work and The custom character creation is the largest obstacle that I have thought up with that endeavor. I am quite certain that the MMO Idea will take me months if not years to perfect but in the mean time I thought I would ask the RM Masters about a way to create that feature. All I would really need is the same default image choices that come with the Stock Character Creator for Ace.

The other Thing that I have a question on is how difficult it would be to encode the system to allow players to adjust character stats on level up manually using a point based system where upon level up the Player is awarded a set number of points.

2. ♥SOURCE♥

♥SOURCE♥ Too sexy for your party. Member

3. Siosis

Siosis Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Well the Preset Stat script would work if it weren't for the fact that it is not for use in commercial games. I think what I will do with all of the scripts that I find is try and figure out how to create similar ones from the ground up. Thank you for the suggestions.

4. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    well you never said that you need resources that can be used in commercial games...

for the second question, there are other scripts out there for stat distribution... You can try to use KGC's distribution, Dekita also has one, and it's usable for commercial games, for a fee... 

but really, you'd have better luck making an MMO using other engines than RM...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2014
  5. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Program and Utility Discussion is for programs OTHER than RPG Maker. :)