In game character creator

Discussion in 'Game Mechanics Design' started by SKGaming, Dec 16, 2015.

1. SKGaming

SKGaming The Hidden Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello people of the RPG Maker community. I have been using RPGMaker VX Ace for quite a while now, and I thought about doing something I find to be pretty cool. However, I have very little knowledge of coding, and only a small amount of knowledge of some of the functions in RPGMaker. 

My friends and I are working on a game currently, and had a pretty big idea recently: "What if there were a way to make an in-game character creator." Being we are pretty new to coding, we don't know how we would go about doing that. 

If anybody reading this knows how to do that, please reply. It would be greatly appreciated.

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I suggest you search this forum, because there are half a dozen topics explaining how to do that, several by pure eventing and others using scripts.

3. Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon Inc. Crimson Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    this depends on what you mean character creation, do you mean they pick from a preset set of sprites and classes, or do you mean you want to add in a generator to make new sprites and such

4. SKGaming

SKGaming The Hidden Member

First Language:
    English
    I want an in-game character genertator, sort of like the one you use when making the game itself, but simplified. I will search the forums for the necessary peices.

Thank you both for your time.

5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you're talking about a character sprite generator, then it will have to be a script - usually a character generator uses selections for class etc and predefined sprites.

Search for a script for "composite sprites" - sometimes they are only described as how to change them based on equipment worn, but those can also be tweaked to get the selections independent of the equipment. I heard that one of those scripts is from Victor, but there are two or three others as well.

6. OM3GA-Z3RO

OM3GA-Z3RO Wounded Seraphim Veteran