In-Game Manual

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by atreyoray, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Oscar92player

Oscar92player Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This may be due to the Manual Background being encrypted. I've tried on deployed projects with encryption and without encryption, and the plugin only works fine if the file is not encrypted.

Just copy the PNG image without encryption on your deployed project, within the img/system folder, and give it a try.

2. BreakerZero

BreakerZero Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the update. I was not using encryption for anything used by plug-ins (those are handled by my launcher app that I recently put together for which I use package files to load my confidential assets and which are cleaned up after the game session is over). But I will at least check for duplication in case there's anything caught in the way. (That said, I am pushing the file to where it belongs so I know it's not from that.)

EDIT: No dupe so I have no clue. It's there when I need it to be, however it still doesn't work. That's why I'm wondering if there is a difference in nwjs relative to the version required for Greenworks.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  3. BreakerZero

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    At this point I'm totally going to give up on this and completely rewrite the field guide mechanism for my project. With the absence of the OP and a lack of updates regarding my issue I am unfortunately going to move on and declare my request as unfulfilled, and in doing so I leave this conversation with a full public advisory that use of this plugin should be considered unsupported and potentially incompatible with some of the other available plugins by consequence of the issue at work in the case of my own inherent problems. Not saying this for certain but it is entirely possible and therefore should be approached with caution as there's no guarantee of compatibility with everything and with the OP gone that is unlikely to change at this point.

I will leave it up to the mods to decide on where to go with this. While my reasoning here was totally legit (unlike 99.99% of otherwise well-intended necropost content that is considered an unnecessary and unwelcome distraction under forum rules) I also understand that sometimes these things don't work out as you'd like 'em to and that this may have been an issue best left undisclosed due to the lack of active support. In this case I'm going to give up completely as without further understanding of what may be causing the issue - and even despite the presence of the required files - my consensus is that it was never meant to be in the first place.

4. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    The necroposting rule doesn't apply to Plugin/Script Releases/Resource Showcase/Project Threads. However, you did double post, so

Edit: Misread the date. Apologies about that :aswt:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  5. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I should add that the poster of this thread hasn't been online here since 2016, so odds are high if you want support for this you'll need to create a thread in plug-in support.

6. nephlm

nephlm Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is probably a shot in the dark given how old this post is, but would anyone know if there is some way to add conditional statements to the text in this plugin? I want some of the text options to change based on whether I have certain switches turned on or off. Something along the lines of:

<text>
    The character's name is John.
    if switch.birthday is on
    {
    birthday: January 15th, 1155
    }
    if switch.hobbies is on
    {
    hobbies: soccer
    }
    . . . . .

For slight changes in text I think it would be inconvenient to make each of these as sub-entries. I can also make separate entries for each possible text combination but that will take a while and then I have to some how have each of the possible entries use a different name. Any help is appreciated.

7. BreakerZero

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Based on the current design, I'm not 100% sure if that would be worth the attempt (but don't quote me on that as I've seen cases where my initial analysis is not necessarily on target and then someone comes around and figures it out). Furthermore:

So if you're looking for something beyond what's already included or any ideas for improvement I suggest that you see if someone can analyze what's already here and see what they can do. Plugin requests may be the way to go, but I'm not 100% sure of that (otherwise you're better off explaining this in plugin support, it should be one of those two where you can bring that up).

EDIT: Speaking of blown expectations, my compatibility concerns from before have since been resolved. Only thing now is a rather annoying issue where images don't appear until you switch out from a page with the image and then switch back to said page.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019