In-game option to change resolution

MajoraZ

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, I'm not sure where else to ask this. If this isn't the right place, please redirect me. I a;ready checked to make my own thread, but I don't see any other thread in this forum section, so I assume that feature has been locked.

Me and a few others are making a game, and though I'm an art guy (and hence I have no idea if this belongs in this thread), I there's a feature I really want that I want to know if it's possible to do.

I want the game to have an in game resolution option, where the higher resolutions are just upscales without interpolation. The base games resolution is 256x256. Is this possible? 

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, the Event System Support thread was not the right place to post. I don't know why you couldn't just click Start New Topic (that button is visible in the forum, but not if you're already reading the post - that may have been the issue)

RMXP's resolution by default is 640x480. I've never tried to change it, so I'm not sure how difficult it would be, but I have added options to run in full screen, which is probably similar to what you're talking about.

I imagine if you search for RMXP scripts, you may find a resolution changer, though I don't know how flexible it would be (Ace default resolution is 544xsomething, but you can only change to 640x480 at the most).

MajoraZ

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
, but I have added options to run in full screen, which is probably similar to what you're talking about.
Can you take a screenshot of a a game using that script or whatever, and the same exact scene in the native resolution? I can tell if that uses interpolation or not just by comparing the two.

Sorry for adding yet another post that didn't belong to the thread. I assumed that the ability to make new posts was locked because nobody else had made any. 

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

4dt5whRsr5KNFktFU1XHwZ.gif

Yeah :D
Friendly reminder: Make a back up of your project! ;3 I just did one and recognized I would have lost a week worth of work.
Why is there undo but not a redo like every other software in existence? :blink:
Chili: Evolved to taste spicy so no animal would eat them.

Humans: "Jokes on you ..."
I guess it becomes purely academic in less than four days but before then can anyone explain to me why the %^&*( animations in the MZ database don't have a 'Hue' slider??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nami