Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you zip up your project and load it somewhere I can download to take a look? Not the version you're sending to others - I need to be able to open the project in Ace and test some things.

Out of interest, can you tell me the full path to your %appdata% folder? Or even to your Documents (or My Documents) folder? To get this, just go to My Documents, then click in the bar at the top that says My Documents, copy the full path and paste it here.

Last edited by a moderator:

kerbonklin

Hiatus King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Attach it to your post. Or load it to photobucket or something like that and add a link to your post.
Use imgur instead, photobucket loads like a dead race horse.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is a very strange custom scene script. I don't understand why he's basically replaced the whole of DataManager with his own module. He hasn't actually changed any of those methods in any way. I suspect you're going to have other issues, because his script initializes the new replacement module, but not DataManager, but OTHER scripts still use DataManager. I can't comprehend why he's done it that way, instead of just overriding or aliasing the original DataManager methods.

In fact, this is probably WHY your in-game saving is not working.

Here are 2 ways to get around the bug. One is easy, and leaves his scripts as they are, only modifying mine. This will let you run the game, but I suspect you'll still have the saving issue. The other modifies HIS scripts to reinstate the original DataManager and ditch his questionable replacement module. I'm not sure what the purpose is of moving the character in the create_new_game method - I had to comment that out in order to get the intro playing properly, but it didn't seem to have any effect after that. The second method MAY resolve both the crashing issue AND the saving issue. But there might be other issues it introduces (I don't know, because I can't follow his logic).

Anyway ...

method 1: replace the following two methods in my Override Save Location script with what's below:

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Determine Existence of Save File #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def self.save_file_exists? create_app_paths if !@savePath !Dir.glob(@savePath + '/Save*.rvdata2').empty? end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Create Filename # index : File Index #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def self.make_filename(index) create_app_paths if !@savePath sprintf(@savePath + "/Save%02d.rvdata2", index + 1) endmethod 2: in the Custom Scene script, replace anywhere you see RPGDM with DataManager (one in self.run, one in self.run_map and the module RPGDM). And as I said, I had to comment out the DataManager.setup_new_game method at the bottom of the Custom Start script, because with it in, it went straight to the specified map and didn't play the opening cinematics.

A Dog Biscuit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Did it play the the movie part then go to main title and when you did new game did the screen just stay black? If that is what happened I had my event set up to be triggered by a switch lol, but I changed the part in your script and that error didn't pop up (YAY!) now I'm going to try it on my wife's computer and see if it works.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't remember if it even gave me the title screen. It MAY have gone straight to the black map without showing the intro OR the title screen. Sorry - I've been distracted since then and can't actually remember.

Puebeck

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was wondering if this issue was ever resolved? I'm having the exact same problem and the script doesn't seem to work for me.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was wondering if this issue was ever resolved? I'm having the exact same problem and the script doesn't seem to work for me.
Puebeck, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Since the post is almost two years old, of course the problem has been solved - whatever your problem is, it's something different, so please make a new topic about it.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just like this website:
lol
I streamed Moonfall on 9/25/20
and have started a page to showcase my vids/stream :kaoluv:

Please subscribe and follow, it's free, it's quick and one sub means so much to me, it would really make my day~ :wub

And now to face my worst enemy... adding color :kaocry:
Power has been restored FINALLY to our home in Lake Charles. Hurricane Laura tried to wreck our lives and disrupt my work on the commercial project i have going with Cloud 9 but the key word is TRIED!!! Slowly moving from the shelter to home over the next week or so. I WILL NOT QUIT!
I am happy because the RPG Maker MZ character comes with extra bust and full body art, but I am disappointed because the quality of the character's PIxel art has decreased.
Only My Opinion that Pixel art MV is better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaton