In Her Footsteps (DEMO 03/21/15 UPDATE)

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by SpiralSigil, Mar 2, 2015.

1. JAD94

JAD94 The lunar knight Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The only way I know how to remove an MP bar for a class is to not give them a magic slot in either the player or class page in the database

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    In my setup, using Yanfly's Battle Engine, if the actor has no magic skills, then no MP bar shows.  Your script credits just say that you're using a lot of Yanfly scripts, but don't specify which ones.  I assume from the way it played that you've got Battle Engine, but thought I'd just check.

3. SpiralSigil

SpiralSigil Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yup, Yanfly all the way.  I do have both set for no MP skills, so I'm not sure why they still show (Well, in the menu.  Doesnt appear as though they show in the battles)

4. JAD94

JAD94 The lunar knight Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's weird. I too am using Yanfly scripts and have some cast members set with no magic. And in battle their MP bar isn't there.

5. SpiralSigil

First Language:
    English
    So, working on the next demo with several adjustments, additions and etc.  It's going to be going a decent ways further into the game, and allow access to the next two dungeons (Respectively a forest and a mountain area) I HOPE to have that demo up and posted in the next few days here to get some more feedback.

But as I'm not really big on posting so little as an "update", here are a few screenies!

[​IMG]

The very first map of the "Spirit Woods", an area rich in lore tied to both the world and it's Creator.  The newest party member is your guide through it, and yes, there will be a maze.  I'll admit the mapshot doesnt *quite* do it justice, as its lacking all the effects and atmosphere, but hey, something to look forward too!

[​IMG]

Part of the Lokken Mountain Range.  Don't mind the panorama that didnt stretch all the way across, it totally works in-game.  Like with the forest, this mapshot doesnt showcase the effects/lighting on the mountains.

[​IMG]

Intrigue and mystery!  And introducing the next character!
    Hope to have a new demo, ready for your inspections, soon!

6. Kes

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    On that screenshot - you've got trees with wildly differing levels of saturation.  Mixing XP and Ace is always tricky.  You can also see clearly that the very big tree in the centre has the XP shadow, which is a different colour from the Ace one.  Closer inspection shows that the smaller XP trees also have it.  So trees and their shadows need significant editing before they will blend in.

7. SpiralSigil

First Language:
    English
    Updated with the new demo!  The first post contains the new links for both.

A few quick notes about it, however;

Save files from the previous demo should not work, as I did alot of database editting (And I'm told thats what causes them to freak out and not play properly) So you'll have to start again (Sorry!  If this is a deal-breaker for some, I can certainly start including a save file that begins at the new content each time for people)

The demo runs up until the end of the third "dungeon" area of the game (The mountain, in this case) as theres a small scene that follows that area, then poof, titlecard.

Naturally, any and all issues I'd love to see reported back so I can fix them (If you happen to note any spots with typos, I'd appreciate the callout, but if not its no biggy as I'll have someone who will be sure to pick up on every one of them when she gets around to playing :p )

For repeat players: Some of the earlier areas do have included items/things to find, though albeit not a TON.  Bookshelves still are empty, as they'll be among one of the last things I throw in.  (Unless mapping the capital continues to be a mind-numbing slog x.x)

ksjp (specifically) Your post mentions the forest-tree shadows and how they clash?  I went ahead and removed the shadow from the large tree there (I actually did not notice it until you pointed it out, as the forest area is shadow-y and has effects running over it to begin with) But im not sure which smaller trees are included in your post.  They all look like they have slight shadows so...  Were you meaning I needed to tweak/remove them all, or only specific ones?  (Unless you were meaning the forest simply had a boatload of different kinds of trees, in which case that is explained through dialogue)

Happy gaming~!

8. Kes

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    If you go up from the big tree, right next to what looks like an enemy sprite, there is another XP tree with the wrong shadow.  That tree also occurs down near the entrance.  Because of the scale I cannot be sure, but is that clump of trees on the other side of the sprite completely without shadows?  Those trees also occur top left corner.  If they are without, you'll have to add a slight something to the tile sheet to make them blend in.

If I were going to use the very big tree and the two smaller trees that I mentioned, I think I'd try to do something about the saturation and brightness to make them a bit more similar to the Ace trees.