In Himeworks Actor Battle Commands plug-in, we need to use a script call, but unsure where it goes!

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by ddblue, May 22, 2018.

1. ddblue

ddblue 新人 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello everyone. I’ve been using the Actor Battle Commands plugin from Himeworks, and there is a command to hide certain menu items (in my case the Attack option) that is carried out using a script call (I’d post the actual instruction, but I’m at work posting from my phone).

My question is, where would such a script call go so that it will affect all battles in my game always?

The script can be found here:

http://himeworks.com/2015/12/actor-battle-commands/

2. IAmJakeSauvage

IAmJakeSauvage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can put them into troop events for single battles - or initialize the script calls as part of the games intro (within an event) if you don't plan on having them at all. :)

3. ddblue

ddblue 新人 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thank you for your reply!

I think that because my game will likely include a lot of battles, maybe your suggestion of adding it early on is a good idea for me. So just add it to a parallel process I have that initializes various things at the start of the game? Will that apply it forever?

I’m not sure how script calls work. Do you call them once like a switch or do I have to keep updating it somehow?

4. IAmJakeSauvage

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not super sure about her script but it should apply it until you use another script call to show the command again. If you have issues with that plugin though (some people have reported it just not working for them) - I'm still a huge fan of this one https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...ustomization-v2-2-1-updated-05-17-2017.46510/

ddblue likes this.
  5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @ddblue
    I think you misunderstood part of the descriptions.
    As far as I remember Tsukihime's scripts and plugins, the script calls are only used if you require dynamic changes - that is if the attack command should sometimes be available and sometimes not.
    For a static, permanent setup Tsukihime always used notetags, no script call needed.

6. ddblue

ddblue 新人 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello! You are right - most of the script is managed through note tags, but I am home now and found the specific instruction from the help:

-- Hiding or Showing Commands --

When a command is hidden, it won't be shown to the player.

You can hide or show battle commands for each actor during the game.

To hide or show a command, use the script call

hide_actor_command(ID, SYMBOL)

show_actor_command(ID, SYMBOL)

Where the ID is the ID of the actor, and the SYMBOl is the symbol

of the command. If the actor doesn't have that command, nothing will happen.

For example if you want to hide the item command for actor 4, use

hide_actor_command(4, "item")

This is exactly what I'd like to do!

7. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @ddblue if you want to show and hide commands, then you need to use the script commands at the moment when you want them to hide and when you want them to show.
    But you haven't told us when those moments are, so we can't tell you how to implementiert the commands.

However, if you never want to use one of those commands, then you don't use the scripts for hiding, you completely remove the command by placing notetags configurations without the command.
    Because hiding is not the same as removing the command.

8. ddblue

ddblue 新人 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Sorry if it wasn’t clear.
    I’d like to hide the Attack option for all characters, for all battles, forever.

I know that we can custom build each character’s menu using note tags, but in my game I’d like a certain skill type to be hidden until a certain weapon is equipped, but if I include that as a note tag it appears as an option, and if I don’t include it as a note tag, equipping the weapon doesn’t make that skill type available.

Everything works well if I just use that script call to hide the Attack option, but I’m not sure where the best place to put it is (I tested it by making it a parallel event in an area and it worked, so worst case scenario I add such a parallel event to all maps where battles take place, but I hope there’s a better way).

This explanation got a bit complicated, but I hope it wasn’t confusing and I thank you all for your feedback.

9. IAmJakeSauvage

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Use the plugin I linked - it'll be a lot easier for you to use. You can input (!) on your custom command notetags to only have commands become available once their conditions are met (e.g - staff equipped etc.)

ddblue likes this.
  10. ddblue

ddblue 新人 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for your help!