In my game, in mobile, the tiles are melting

Lonepixel

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum, and also, a poor English speaker... Be patient guys.

I was testing a game that i am developing for android, but, i cant understand, why the tiles are melted (static, not moving but like a corrupted file), and i can play it with no problem in my cellphone and pc(40-60 fps), but this problem only occurs on the cellphone. It seams like a graphics bug or something. In my pc, the tiles are working perfectly.
Another issue its the MOG title screen. It was melting too, but in this case, it begins very stable but in time, melts (not static, the columns are vibrating, moving in this case).

P.s.: I am not very good at code and js.

Thanks for any help.

Screenshots of my smartphone:

There is screenshots of my pc too. They are perfectly smooth.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Android phones have problems with rpg maker mv, that is no secret. The reason for that is, the phone uses its default web browser to play HTML5 games, which, more often than not, has funky WebGL rendering engine. This can be different from phone to phone too even in the same brand, which is why Android development is so difficult and why I never ever recommend it.
If you want, you can try to force canvas rendering, but it contains risks of greater lag, since canvas2d rendering is done through CPU, which is not made for rendering graphics.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to RPG Maker MV Deployment. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there!

Well, it seems like, with some phones, all the tiles stay that way. With those graphics errors.
I have the same problem, and I can confirm to you that it is related to some phones.
I'm not sure if exists something that RM MV can make in their sides to fix that. But this would be great(and our only hope too).
I have made threads and send e-mail, but no solution is come until now :(

You can see this thread that I post a "fix" to this issue, which is using parallax maps.
If your maps are not so big and you have a way to free the memory(of the images that you will not use anymore), maybe you can get it to work.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Eliaquim MV cannot fix anything here. The only thing you can do is force canvas rendering inside community basic plugin. If that doesn't work, you're screwed. That's because it's the fault of the browser that renders the stuff, not MV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can the Eternal Dreamers finish off the final boss? We'll see!
Fekken kill me. I unknowingly swapped out two important events's codes and saved the game to test it. I'm just doing this for fun and the fun has now been replaced with excruciating torture.
Is this how game developers feel all the time?

EDIT:
WAIT HOLY S***
MY LAST POST ASKING FOR HELP ON AN EVENT ACTUALLY SAVED IT
OH MY GOD
Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
I was making a cutscene where Hero's dad got killed by the dragon but when he lose its say game over and send you to the tittle screen. How can remove game over for that cutscene
My new RPG Maker music pack, Emotional: Redemption, is now in progress and will be coming to RPG Maker soon. It is an album that focuses on emotional themes including the darker forms of sorrow and despair. Below is a demo of a composition from the album.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charles2020