In need of music

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by TheMutantSpaceDancer, Sep 13, 2017.

1. TheMutantSpaceDancer

TheMutantSpaceDancer Grocery Maker

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello, could someone make some music for this game I am making I need some battle music, title screen music and some town music

I want them to have an NES sound to them and I want the title screen music to be fairly upbeat with a tone of weirdness to it, I want the battle music to sound...well like good battle music, I don't really know how to describe it but I guess just make it sound like an NES battle theme and for the town music make it be a cheery up beat kind of song.

(also I use MV.)

2. Skunk

Skunk Melody Master

First Language:
    English/Slavic
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Im just curious, are you offering any compensation for the original work?

3. TheMutantSpaceDancer

TheMutantSpaceDancer Grocery Maker

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    no not really.

4. Skunk

Skunk Melody Master

First Language:
    English/Slavic
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry friend, but you will most likely have better luck looking for royalty free music to use.
    I dont know anyone who will spend all those hours composing music for you with no form of compensation in return.
    especially with that specific of a request.

5. mlogan

mlogan I am not sir, mr., dude or bro

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Skunk Please stop telling people in this section that they are going to have to pay for work. This section is for free requests, and while not all requests are filled, there is no harm in people asking.

@TheMutantSpaceDancer Have you looked through the music available here? There is SOOOO much good, free-to-use music posted here, there may well be something like what you are looking for. I know Scythuz has done some retro type music before, not sure if any of it is available on his free music thread or not.

In addition, you may want to look at the Resource Workshops section - there are several composers offering their services for free there.

6. Skunk

Skunk Melody Master

First Language:
    English/Slavic
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm sorry I didn't realize this was for free requests.
    But as a full time musician I felt I should at least let the fellow know some ulterior methods considering they are asking for a full roster of music for their game... for free. But duly noted <3

7. OnslaughtSupply

OnslaughtSupply The Barbarian

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Like @mlogan said there's a bunch of free music here that may fit and websites like opengameart.org that have a bunch of royalty free music (& other assets). Just always be sure to check out the terms of use and follow them accordingly. Also you might get lucky with an aspiring musician passing by and finding this thread.

8. mlogan

mlogan I am not sir, mr., dude or bro

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Skunk I do understand that, and it is why we have limitations on requests here. Normally, I'd say even the three songs OP seems to be requesting is too much, but I allowed the topic to stay because there is potential for other members to point them in the direction of available music that might work for them. Much like when someone requests a whole tileset, we may leave the request so that others can provide links to tiles of those nature, rather than expecting someone to draw a whole tileset for free.

Skunk likes this.