Syddo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hi, I've been looking for a way (or a script!) to have a party system like Pokémon, where you move in overworld with a certain hero leader that can't be switched, but more importantly doesn't appear in battle. So what I'm asking is a system to make your first hero unchangeable and inactive for battles. I'd like to use a following-system such as Caterpillar and Enhanced Squad Movement, I thought it was important to mention, since the whole party would be shown on the overworld. Thanks!

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
There are some people who have done this, using "Events" or Scripts.

As you are using Rpg Maker XP, there is a system ready for this called "Pokémon Essentials", it contains several bugs and you need to use your own editor.

When I used Rpg Maker 2003, I made a system like this entirely for events, I created 300 heroes, all with alex's "Charset" graphic.

During the battle, if the player captured the "monster", a counting variable was added +1, and a common event assigned to the "monster" graphic for the character in the database with the ID equivalent to the variable's value.

It would not be difficult to implement this in RpgXP, besides being able to use customized menus.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Oof, this "side project" of mine is starting to get as complex as a VS plugin, at least as far as plugin parameters are concerned. I think I now understand why a plugin like this doesn't already exist(that I know of). Learning a lot while trying to make it work though!
Had apparently not checked Itch for 3 months, kind of forgot I had an account rofl.
One side of me is: "lineart is so awful", the other side is just: "huh, decent" :kaoswt2:
Uehu8tg.jpg
[IMG]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/db/0a/86/db0a869a83b3d905c5a7ddec690506f2.png[/IMG]
Female SpaceSuit [!PHC]
image_2021-06-13_213812.png

Todays Lesson: Tiles are a pain to make xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaihai