Incitement 2

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by Matseb2611, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]
    Note: This game is a sequel to Incitement. There is no necessity to play the first game, since this game follows its own plot and also recaps on the key past events in a short scene at the start. However, if you have played at least a small portion of the first game, then it will help you to be more familiar with the setting and the major characters.

[​IMG]

· A huge sci-fi setting. Visit locations such as futuristic cities, remote labs, a rebel underworld, an enormous town-sized factory, and many others. Also a chance to re-visit some locations from the first game.
    · Approximate length - 6-10 hours (depending on player's pace and amount of optional content done)
    · 7 playable characters: a few from the first game and also some new faces.
    · A gripping story that’s full of twists and dramatic action scenes.
    · 2 difficulty modes: Normal and Challenging. Normal difficulty is streamlined so that most people would be able to complete the game. Challenging difficulty gives bosses a small stat boost and allows most enemies to utilise hidden, more lethal abilities.
    · The game uses a combination of evented and random encounters: evented encounters tend to happen during key action scenes, random encounters during all other times.
    · An epic soundtrack to give the game a more cinematic feel. A lot of the music tracks have been bought or commissioned specifically for the game.
    · Digital manual included in PDF format.

Last update - v1.4 (25th Sep 2015)

Non-RTP version ~ 174 MB - Get it here

RTP-inclusive version ~ 360 MB - Get it here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Six cycles (years) have passed since the events of the first game. A dreadful rebellion and a government conspiracy are now things of the past and everybody moved on with their lives. However, a new conflict is about to arise - a conflict that shall reunite old friends, bring back forgotten problems of the past, and threaten that what took so long to build.

Being rather new in the Sophorian society, Adrial decided to start a new life. He signed up for a booster enhancement program that would help turn him into a trooper in the Sophorian army. However, merely a week later, a group of strange-looking soldiers attack the lab he was at. After being almost captured by the enemy, he teams up with a lab assistant, Eryn, and together they scarcely escape the mayhem.

However, the attack on the lab was only a beginning of a grisly set of events that would once again bring forth devastation to the world. Who was responsible for this attack and what was their motive? Who were those soldiers and why were they only after certain individuals? It is now up to you to build a team of trustworthy allies and to expose the malevolent plot before it’s too late.

[​IMG]

Name: Adrial
    Race: Human
    Preferred weapons: Beamguns
    Bio: After only recently becoming a part of the society established by Sophorians, Adrial decided to start a new life – he decided that he wants to join the Sophorian army. Before he gets a chance, however, a sudden set of events forces him instead to band together with a handful of other allies. Adrial is somewhat thoughtful and introverted, but his will is strong and he never gives up in the face of adversity.

Name: Eryn
    Preferred weapons: Handguns
    Bio: Being a lab assistant, Eryn isn’t too knowledgeable of how to fight, but she is an excellent medic and knows how to be supportive of those who are close to her. After strange soldiers attack a lab where she works, she bands together with Adrial and ends up becoming a vital part of the team.

Name: Telran
    Race: Sophorian
    Preferred weapons: Shotguns
    Bio: Sarlene’s brother. Ever since deserting the Sophorian army, the two of them have been on a run, travelling together and fending for themselves. Telran is street-smart, witty, but also rather cautious and can often tell when someone is untrustworthy.

Name: Sarlene
    Race: Sophorian
    Preferred weapons: Assault rifles
    Bio: Telran’s sister. Just as Telran, she’s been on a run in a hope to keep a low profile from the Sophorian army. Unlike her brother, Sarlene is quite introverted and rather direct. She speaks what’s on her mind and can be brutally honest.

Name: Hesper
    Preferred weapons: Sniper rifles
    Bio: Ever since the events of the first game, Hesper and Anku sort of became a team of their own, doing tasks and smaller jobs and getting into all sorts of adventures. Hesper loves gadgets, machines, piloting ships, and sniper rifles.

Name: Anku
    Race: Robot
    Preferred weapons: Electrocuting hand
    Bio: Ever since the events of the first game, Hesper and Anku sort of became a team of their own, doing tasks and smaller jobs and getting into all sorts of adventures. Anku has become very familiar with the organic beings over the past few years, learning ins and outs of different behaviours, emotions, and proper speech.

Name: Darmek
    Race: Eduran
    Preferred weapons: Grenade launchers
    Bio: Darmek is never one to shy away from combat. He is currently overseeing production and manufacture in one of the mines/factories on his home planet. However, after a recent breach into the facility, he finds himself having to join Adrial and the others in an attempt to catch the one responsible.

[​IMG]

Here is some of the game's soundtrack that was made by Scythuz:

Game's Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/IncitementRpg

Star map (by The Stranger)

[​IMG]
    Zevia's Let's Play of the game

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

[​IMG]

DEVELOPED BY:
    Matthew Ashworth/Matseb2611

SOFTWARE:
    RPG maker VX Ace
    by Enterbrain

ART:
    Enterbrain
    Ehcs
    Crimson Mantella
    Celianna
    IceDragon
    Vibrato
    Thalzon
    Kazzador
    Matsuo Kaito
    Rajavali
    Avadan
    Timmah
    Archeia
    EvilEagles
    Tobby Ong
    Caz
    Hyde
    Nightmare Visions
    Double Period
    Vecart
    Lkcphoto
    Elenarts
    Atlas Atrium
    Matthew Ashworth

MUSIC:
    Benjamin 'Scythuz' Carr
    Jewelbeat.com
    Joel Steudler
    Deceased Superior Technician
    Mjomusic
    Thomas J. Peters
    Iichi Kohuro (Audiojungle)
    Hyde Music
    Kerplunk Studios (Audiojungle)
    Green Audio (Audiojungle)
    Darren 'Desperate Measurez' Curtis
    Matthew Ashworth

SOUND FX:
    Enterbrain
    Freesound.org:
    Kastenfrosch
    Fins
    Autistic_lucario
    Killkhan
    Audiojungle:
    FX-HD-Flash
    Qubodup
    Frontiersoundfx
    Tatreal

SCRIPTS:
    Yanfly
    Khas
    Modern Algebra
    Dekita
    Zeus81
    Neon Black

STORY and CHARACTERS:
    Matthew Ashworth

TESTERS and SUPPORTERS:
    The Stranger
    Dalph
    Rick Ashworth
    Clarein Christopher
    Benjamin 'Scythuz' Carr
    Cabfe
    Dark Metamorphosis
    Atlas Atrium
    Saintivan
    Zevia

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  2. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    That's a good news !

I loved the first one and am happy to see that my favorite character (Hesper) is back !

Matseb2611 likes this.
  3. Matseb2611

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you, Cabfe. I am happy to hear that you're looking forward to this sequel. Pretty much all the major characters from the first game will return in some way, but only some of them as you can see will be playable. :)  

4. The Stranger

The Stranger The Faceless Friend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Looking forward to playing this. I really enjoyed the original Incitement, even though I never actually managed to defeat the final two bosses.

I'm happy to see that Anku makes a return - he was my favourite character from the first game.

Matseb2611 likes this.
  5. Goatrider

Goatrider Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I never played the first game but this looks interesting. I havnt played a good sci fi in awhile.I'll definitely give this a shot when the demos out.

Matseb2611 likes this.
  6. Matseb2611

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks guys. I really appreciate the support and I hope not to disappoint. :) The demo will be a perfect chance to get some early feedback.  

7. Matseb2611

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've got a bit of an announcement and a new screenshot for you all.

I'm going to aim to release the demo on the Winter Solstice day (22nd of Dec), so basically next Sunday. So watch out for that.  BD

[​IMG]

The Stranger likes this.
  8. tarugista@yahoo.com

tarugista@yahoo.com Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    looks nice.

Matseb2611 likes this.
  9. Matseb2611

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Demo has been released!

It can be found here

Features of the demo:

- Contains the entire Act 1 of the game (out of 4), which equates to about 2 hours of gameplay.

- Characters have been capped at lvl 10 (but this cap will be higher in the full game)

- 3 side quests, 2 of which can be completed within the demo. The last one requires access to future areas of the game and so can't yet be completed.

- non-RTP version (requires VX Ace RTP to be played)

Many thanks for the support so far. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Anyone who gives some feedback will be automatically added in the credits as a tester. 

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2013
  10. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm enjoying this thing, and not because I'm a sci-fi addict but because it's a very professional work...seriously, starting from the great titlescreen to the dynamic cinematics and the sci-fi atmosphere and music, everything seems well done.

But I've encountered an annoying problem, after the cutscene in this room, Adrial walks and runs slower (maybe you forgot to adjust his movement speed after the cutscene):

[​IMG]
    So far I'm enjoying it, it's very nice and the storyline is interesting, I think I will play also the first one, overall it's a very nice job.
    You should fix this annoying thing that I've pointed, then I will gladly continue it (it's boring if he walks too slow).

Susan and Matseb2611 like this.
  11. Matseb2611

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Heya man. Thanks very much for your feedback so far. That is very strange that his movement speed hasn't corrected itself. I have it set back to speed 4 (normal moving speed) at the end of the autorun event and tested it many times. Have you tried maybe doing that part again? I'll have to give it a closer look as to why that happened. 

Edit: OK I am suspecting what might've happened. Since I don't have his movement on 'wait', it's possible that maybe you went through the last couple of text boxes quickly and the scene ended before his movement fully finished. If you play through that part slower, does it still give the same problem? 

12. Dalph

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The problem is that I've saved the game (like a moron), maybe I'll restart everything, since it's not that far.

Susan likes this.
  13. Matseb2611

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah I see. Well you could continue to the boss fight room, which is right after this part. In there there's a cutscene too and your movement speed gets set onto 4 at the end of it. But thanks for noticing this. I'll make sure this is fixed in the next update. Thanks again for checking it out. I hope you enjoy the rest of it. 

14. Dalph

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok done.

The movement speed was fixed after the first boss cutscene, as you suggested.

As I've sayed, it was surprisingly great, I especially enjoyed the mapping (the 2nd city is awesome), the cutscenes and the well made characters.

I got lucky against the first boss (because I was out of ammo) but the battle was challenging enough, and so was the 2nd one, so no issues with the game balance.

I also like how you created different alien races editing the facesets and the sprites, nice.

Overall the game doesn't have issues at all, everything seems so well done, good job....

----

I will also play the first one, soon as I've some spare time.

Susan and Matseb2611 like this.
  15. Matseb2611

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Awesome man. That is fantastic to hear that you loved pretty much everything about the game so far. I might have to add some more ammo then before the first boss if you say you almost ran out there. How did you feel about the sidequests? Were they interesting enough? Also what about the hacking mini-game in the mine dungeon? I am thinking of adding more hacking mini-games like that in other parts of the game (though most of them will be for optional rooms and stuff). 

16. Dalph

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What, are there sidequests? I think I've missed something then, I shall replay it.

About the hacking mini-game:

Yeah, it was a nice addition, took me a few tries to do it, but it was fun. :)

If you can increase the difficulty of this mini-game soon as you proceed with the main storyline (in the later dungeons), would be even better in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2013
    Susan likes this.
  17. Matseb2611

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, all the sidequests at the moment are in the large city. There's one given in the Medical and two others at the 'Enco' building (one of which can't be completed yet).

And yeah, there will be different maze patterns for each hacking mini-game, some of which will be pretty tricky (but I'll try to keep the harder ones optional so not to put off most players from continuing on with the game). The final one I'll have with a bit of a twist that I hope the players will appreciate. 

Thanks again for all your feedback, man. 

Dalph likes this.
  18. Matseb2611

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've got a bunch of new screenshots to satisfy everyone's cyberpunk needs.

City of Epsilan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Epsilan subway (which also acts as the rebel underworld location)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Oh man, those screens are gorgeous !

I can really feel the atmosphere just by looking at them.

Matseb2611 likes this.
  20. tushime1976

tushime1976 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    when is release date? looks interesting.

Matseb2611 likes this.