Incitement 3

Discussion in 'Commercial Games' started by Matseb2611, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]
     ​

[SIZE=14pt]General Features:[/SIZE]

- A sequel to Incitement and Incitement 2, both of which are free.

- Approximate length ~ 7-10 hours

- An immersive sci-fi world with a variety of locations to explore

- Side-view battles with fully animated battlers

- 11 playable characters: 7 in the main party and 4 episodic

- 2 difficulty modes: Normal and Challenging. Normal is for those seeking a casual experience, whereas Challenging is for the thrills and kills.

- Highly customizable equip setup, allowing the use of add-ons on top of standard weapons and armour.

- Use Weapon Add-Ons to customize an offensive bonus on a character.

- Use Body Add-Ons to customize a defensive bonus on a character.

- Use Head Add-Ons to customize which attribute will gain a bonus upon level ups.

- Some abilities require unique ammo, providing a deeper and more interesting ammo management experience.

Website page here

Buy here:

On Steam - £5.99

At New Reality Games - £5.99

At Indie Game Stand - $9.99

At Aldorlea Games - $8.00

At Itch.io - £5.99

At Greenman Gaming - £5.99

There's no requirement to play the first 2 games. However, if you are wondering whether to play those, here are a few words from the fans that may just encourage you:

On Incitement 1:

‘Where Incitement shines is in the little details that make a great game: the storyline is solid, nothing original but told well, the mechanics force you to think about your actions instead of just 'Press A to win' and it's all put in a package that looks interesting and sounds amazing!’

- Review on Jayisgames

‘Good story, good plot and the rarity of a genuine SF game make this one not to be missed.’

- Elliot Kane (Eidos forums)

On Incitement 2:

‘I love how much this reminded me of the Mass Effect games, with it being so straightforward, with a gigantic sense of urgency to just keep going and accomplish things, and just keep working towards the end goal. And...I don't know, it's just that this is something that I wish that I could get this from more turn based rpgs, and I'm not sure if I have gotten this from one on this level before.’

- Morte Torment (on RMN)

‘The story, the environments, the music, the character art, the sound effects, the eventing that takes place during cutscenes - it's all really top-notch, and feels like something you could've played on the SNES that a major studio would have produced back in the 1990s.’

- Zevia

‘It was overall a very enjoyable experience, I particularly love sci-fi games and I must say that Incitement 2 really has a very strong sci-fi feel in it… Overall this game was a masterpiece.’

- Dalph

Trailer:

[SIZE=14pt]Screenshots:[/SIZE]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[SIZE=14pt]Story:[/SIZE]

Sophorian civilization has been long looking for other sentient races in space in order to integrate them into their own society. However, that has not come without dissention among the Sophorians, and sometimes very violent conflicts. In the recent past two huge attacks had occurred that threatened the whole civilization. The first one struck the government. The second one struck the Sophorian army. But was there a connection between those attacks, and will history repeat itself over and over until there’s no civilization left?

It has now been a year since a devastating EMP wave left one of the largest cities broken and disconnected. A lot of labour and resources went into restoring the city over the course of the year, but it appears things are not about to settle down yet.

Adrial and his team of allies have been caught in another attack - but who is attacking this time and what are their motives? It is now up to you to assemble your allies, uncover this scheme, expose the enemy, and stop them before their actions magnify into catastrophic proportions.

[SIZE=14pt]Characters:[/SIZE]

Main Party

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Other Playable Characters

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[SIZE=14pt]Soundtrack:[/SIZE]

By Scythuz

[SIZE=14pt]Credits:[/SIZE]

DEVELOPED BY:
    Matthew Ashworth (Matseb2611)
    of Astronomic Games

PUBLISHED BY:
    New Reality Games

SOFTWARE:
    RPG Maker VX Ace
    by Enterbrain

ART:
    Enterbrain
    Adellie
    Molly Heady Carroll
    Hiddenone
    Celianna
    Kazzador
    Vibrato
    Timmah
    Archeia
    Evil Eagles
    Caz
    Tobby Ong
    Michael Galefire
    Ehcs
    Crimson Mantella
    Thalzon
    Sherman3D
    The Stranger

MUSIC:
    Benjamin 'Scythuz' Carr
    Joel Steudler
    JDB Artist
    Deceased Superior Technician
    Murray Atkinson
    Jewelbeat.com

SOUND FX:
    Joel Steudler
    Enterbrain

SCRIPTING:
    Yanfly
    Dekita
    Galv
    Modern Algebra
    Shaz

STORY and CHARACTERS:

TESTERS:
    The Stranger
    Cabfe
    Susan
    Benjamin 'Scythuz' Carr
    Palladinthug
    CrazyCrab
    Odinnightowl

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2015
  2. Susan

Susan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    No idea...
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Awesome! Where's the download button?

No download button? There has to be one somewhere!!! How could you post without a dem-- *shot*

Those screenshots look fantastic! And music by Scythuz? My favourite! Seriously, can't wait. ^^

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
  3. Matseb2611

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks Susan. Probably won't be too long till I release the public demo. Maybe February sometime. :)

Scythuz and Susan like this.
  4. Kyuukon

Kyuukon 主人公 Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You know what would be very cool? To sell the three series as a whole pack 'Incitement Series' (maybe, adding bonus content to the first two?) :p I dunno if you can because of copyright stuff but, commercially, it will attract even more people and thus increase the sales! Just a thought >o<

I'm not really into the Sci-fi stuff but by the little looks of it, looks pretty nice. I wish I worked as fast as you >.>

Scythuz and Matseb2611 like this.
  5. Matseb2611

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks Kyuukon. I had quite a few people suggest that same idea of combining all 3 games in one pack. I think it would certainly be ideal, but I am not sure how likely that's to happen, due to too many resources in the first two games being non-commercial use only.

Scythuz likes this.
  6. The Stranger

The Stranger The Faceless Friend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm really looking forward to this, Matseb. Susan is right, that theme music does sound wonderful.

Susan, Matseb2611 and Scythuz like this.
  7. Scythuz

Scythuz Explorer Bot *beep beep* Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I can't remember if I suggested this too already but here I am possibly suggesting it again just in case, if there is a way to make it happen then I can't stress this enough, do it.  Incitement 1 & 2 are virtually good enough to be commercial games in their own right so being able to sell the 3 of them as trilogy just makes a lot of sense if you can sort the resource licenses out :)

Bukarett, Matseb2611 and The Stranger like this.
  8. The Stranger

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You could also go back and do commercial remakes of the first two games - change the assets used in order to avoid any bother. Most of your characters from the first game were either generated or edits of the RTP, anyway.

Matseb2611 likes this.
  9. Matseb2611

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Seems there's a very strong 'yes' vote in favour of selling 3 games at once. Looks like I'll have to go back and see what I can do. I'll try to buy commercial licenses for some of those resources, but others might have to be replaced completely. I remember the first game used a lot of music from RMN's free music pack, which I know is strictly non-commercial use. Maybe I should've avoided it on the first place. Music should be easy enough to replace. Tiles could be a bit harder, though I think the first game was pretty much 90% made of Futuristic Tiles pack. Hmm, you know this might just be possible. I'll look into this, guys.

Edit: Just to avoid confusion, the free versions of the first two games will still be available on the net for free (they've always been free and always will be). But I am thinking when it comes to selling the pack of all 3, in addition to the 3rd game, you also get redone and slightly improved versions of the first two. :)

10. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This would be cool, and a definite aid to sales.

Matseb2611 likes this.
  11. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    A Director's cut Redux HD version - Ultimate edition 2 would make Incitement 1&2 even more awesome BD

Having two good games as a bonus is definitely a good point and will get you more sales.

If you can, go for it!

The Stranger, Susan and Matseb2611 like this.
  12. Scythuz

Scythuz Explorer Bot *beep beep* Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Probably don't need to say this but don't worry about the tracks for Incitement 2, even though you paid non-commercial prices for them at the time I'm fine with you using them for this without any extra fees or nonsense, it's not a problem.

Bukarett, Mihel, The Stranger and 2 others like this.
  13. The Stranger

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's a great idea, Matseb. Just sell a new and improved version of the previous two. Free stays free and commercial buyers don't feel like they're just paying for the free version.

Matseb2611 likes this.
  14. Matseb2611

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey all. Just a bit of an update with some new screens. These ones show the next dungeon area, Vorlox base.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And also a screenshot of the hacking mini-game. I've pretty much changed its graphics and made it look shinier and more pleasing to the eyes than how it was in the 2nd game. There'll also be 2 different types of this mini-game. Some will be for locked doors, others for locked chests, and the two types will feature different mechanics.

[​IMG]

Also some news on the demo. Since I'm already working on this final area of Act 1, I should have the public demo ready sometime at the end of this week. It will contain just over an hour of gameplay. Watch this space, fellas. :D

The Stranger, Susan, Dalph and 4 others like this.
  15. Matseb2611

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Totally unexpected, even for me, but I've managed to make a lot of progress over the past few days, so...

Pre-alpha Act 1 Demo is done!

[​IMG]

At the moment only the non-RTP version. Get it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/12p42rjj7z537dp/Incitement_3_DEMO.zip

I'm going to upload RTP-inclusive version tomorrow.

This demo contains about 1 hour's worth of gameplay and consists of the whole first act. For anyone curious, there are 2 sidequests currently available in this demo (both in the town area).

Looking forward to your thoughts and feedback, guys. :)

Dalph, The Stranger and Susan like this.
  16. Susan

Susan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    No idea...
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    How did I miss the notification for this demo?!

Thanks to Scythuz for mentioning it in his thread.

The demo version is nothing short of amazing!

Matseb is brilliant when it comes to making action packed games. (Wonder how ABS games will be if he made it...)

The hacker minigames are fun. It'll be nice to see more of them.

The music tracks are really suitable for each scene, and help to further enhance the immersion as well.

Queries:

- Is it intentional that 'Add-ons' can be equipped even when the 'parent' equipment slot is blank?

- Can the save file for the demo be carried forward to the full game?

- A passability error: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x95f1csojrefmq2/1.png?dl=0
    Totally can't wait for the full version to come out! ^^

The only real issue here for me is whether to play the free version of Incitement 1 & 2 now, or wait for the remake. Hmmm......

17. Matseb2611

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the feedback, Susan. Glad you enjoyed the game so far. I am hoping to make it even better than Atonement.

Cheers for noticing that passability. Those railings and I always have a fight on every map I use them. :p

In regard to add-ons, yeah. We're assuming they're equipped somewhere on that body part and not necessarily on armour itself.

In regard to remakes, it's still under question. I've spoken to my publisher about this and he advises against the pack thing, because it might look to some customers as though I am selling the first two games, even though they're meant to be free, and that can look bad. Instead he recommends to simply link to the downloads of those everywhere where this game is posted. So it might be something I'd end up doing. It'll also save me a tonne of work too and will let me concentrate on this game more.

And for save files, yeah, it should be possible to carry them over further. In fact, would you want to be a special tester for the game? Perhaps I should address everyone here... ahem...

A small announcement to everyone.

Just as I did with Atonement, I'm hoping to have a few special testers for this game as well. If you are one of those, I'll be sending you future revisions of the demo privately for feedback, the content which the rest of the public will only see once the game is fully released. But I'll have to be sure all the special testers are willing to give feedback. I'll be asking everyone who's been a special tester for Atonement, though if any of you guys can't do it this time, please do let me know either here or via a PM. Cheers. BD

Susan likes this.
  18. Adellie

Adellie NPC Veteran

Hey Matseb, I just finished Incitement 2 yesterday.

I'm posting my feedback here though, cause... this thread is newer. Hope you don't mind. :- )

Feedback on Incitement 2:

Liked:

• The pacing is good and the game feels complete. The script is well-written, and doesn't get boring, but also i feel like names of places and people need to be easier to read/remember. Your cutscenes were awesome.
    • I like the way you force the player to at least try all the characters once by splitting up the party in one scene. The characters were easy to tell from one another thanks to their specialized roles in battle.
    • I thought the boss battles seemed "just right" in terms of difficulty and length (time). I had to think about who i wanted in my battle party, and couldn't just spam random skills. (I played on normal)
    • Mapwise, each area had a unique look and colour scheme. The "background maps" you used below the working maps were kinda cool. They could look dimmer to make the overall image easier on the eyes.
    • Music and sfxs were well selected. They set the mood without being distracting. (Props to scy for composing too!)
    • I enjoy running people over in a car.
    Disliked:

• Characters didn't have a whole lot of personality, in my opinion.
    • I got through the game using barely any hp/mp consumables. (no healing pills, ammo maybe 3~4 times)
    • The mixing of face types (ace rtp, ace generator, custom) is too obvious for my liking. Some of the bosses also looked like the generator face just got pasted on a battler.
    • Some of the maps felt too big, and i couldn't always tell where the exists were right away. (Early on, i ran around one of the cities a couple of times before realizing that a certain tile was a dark floor tile instead of a wall.)
    Errors:

• Encountered some passability problems but didnt write them down.
    • When I hit f12 to restart the game, i always get an error relating to bitmaps.
    Thoughts on Incitement 3 ideas (I haven't played yet):

RE: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/20483-incitement-2/?p=337161

• New ammo system: I can't wait to see what you do with resource management.
    • Hacking mini-game: The minigame in incitement 2 is simple, in a good way. I thought the rounds could be longer, but i'm not sure they need to be more difficult. A few more mechanics would be cool, but don't go overboard!
    • More vehicle chase scenes: Roadkill. YASSS!!!
    • --
    • New system for booster injections: I admit i gave these all to Adrial.... XD Although instead of thinking of spreading them out among other characters, maybe they can just be for Adrial? my two cents.
    • Strengthen and Enforce dilemma: +50% Atk and Def on the first turn does seem like a lot. Have you thought about making it a stackable effect? eg. Each use of strengthen gives +20%, and you can stack that up to 3 times (for max 60%). Each time it is debuffed, it only cuts 1~2 stacks, or something like that.
    • Burn states: Yes, too many.
    Sarlene. Pewpew!:

[​IMG]
    Downloading your prealpha demo now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2015
    Marquise* and Matseb2611 like this.
  19. Matseb2611

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for playing through the 2nd game and all the feedback, Adellie. And wow, I love that fan art of Sarlene. It looks fantastic. :thumbsup-left:

Some of those dislikes of the 2nd game is what I am hoping to address in this one. I am going to try to make characters more interesting, especially Adrial, since I've had someone say they found him to be boring. I'm also hoping to get rid of or alter generator faces and make all characters use RTP-style faces (or at least all the main ones anyway) in this game. As for consumables, that's going to be affected by the new ammo management mechanic. Now healing skills too will require unique ammo, and there are 3 types of healing pills, the weakest ones being very cheap so that they're affordable.

In regard to hacking mini-game, I'm going to have mainly 2 types of those. The door ones will be similar to Inc 2, where you have to evade security bots and touch all the green nodes. The chest ones will have a different mechanic (you'll see one of them in this demo). But I am also hoping to add some new elements into each of them to spice them up further.

There'll definitely be more vehicle chase scenes and mini-games. I might even throw in a space battle/chase too if I can pull it off. ;)

I've removed booster injections entirely from the 3rd game, and instead provided head accessories which the player can equip that grant attribute bonuses upon level up. For example Atk Master will give the player an additional 1 Atk point when they next level up, and so on. That way it's more controlled, and each character can only wear one. So there's incentive to spread them among party members.

There will also be a lot of instances where party gets split up, so this should encourage players to give each character some attention.

Yeah, Strengthen and Enforce are initially stackable in the Inc 2, but since they are easily obtainable from the shop, a player can give two Strengthens to 2 of their people and two Enforces to 2 others, and in the first turn they could have them activate those skills and get the party onto 50% Atk and Def increase. So I might limit this. I might just make Strengthen and Enforce provide a state rather than a buff, which will give a non-stackable 25% increase and nothing more.

And with burn states, I've decided to make them weaker and last only a couple of turns (3% slip damage over 2 turns rather than 5% over 3 turns). They still each grant additional effects, e.g. Burn reducing Def by 25%, Frostbite reducing Agi by 25%, etc. The enemies will now be more vulnerable to these, but the player will need to spend unique ammo if they want to use these, so it should hopefully encourage them to only use burn effects strategically.

Thanks again and I hope you enjoy the demo of Inc 3. :)

20. Matseb2611

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Some screenshots of the new area.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Susan and The Stranger like this.