Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone,

At the very beginning of my RMMV game - as soon as someone clicks New Game to start for the first time - I want to make my game's Terms of Use agreement pop up, and force the player to read/accept it before the game starts (rather than just having an extra Terms of Use PDF in the overall folder/package that'll be downloaded). Are there any easy ways to set this up? Thanks!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
show scrolling text followed by show choice on an autorun in the first map

DarkPlasmaBall

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've never used scrolling text before... I'll look into that; thanks so much!

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Either scrolling text (which is used when the show text option doesnt have enough space) or split it into images and use the show picture command, with an empty transparent dialogue so people can have time to read between picture switching.

Then since you want to force people to agree make a show choice at the end, be sure to swap yes and no, so NO is first oh and make it so the no incurs in a game over, take that button mashers! :kaopride:

DarkPlasmaBall

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also great options! Thanks so much for the suggestions! :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ZyCHqk2.png

Something about top-downs.
I have never felt so attacked by a tree before :LZSlol: it took 10++ hours to make but at least it looks pretty LOL

Untitled-1.png
now seems like the worst time for me to need a better computer with how much stuff is costing. that and I don't thing there's much else I can do to make MV run any better with what I have.
Sigh... to have some variety in this weather. More than just sun and rain and wind and thunder.
In the meantime, I've discovered that I'm slowly becoming fatigued from the many sleepless nights my neighbors cause. Or at least their dogs. Always barking at something.
I might need a day to just sleep and recharge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rozc