Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone,

At the very beginning of my RMMV game - as soon as someone clicks New Game to start for the first time - I want to make my game's Terms of Use agreement pop up, and force the player to read/accept it before the game starts (rather than just having an extra Terms of Use PDF in the overall folder/package that'll be downloaded). Are there any easy ways to set this up? Thanks!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
show scrolling text followed by show choice on an autorun in the first map

DarkPlasmaBall

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've never used scrolling text before... I'll look into that; thanks so much!

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Either scrolling text (which is used when the show text option doesnt have enough space) or split it into images and use the show picture command, with an empty transparent dialogue so people can have time to read between picture switching.

Then since you want to force people to agree make a show choice at the end, be sure to swap yes and no, so NO is first oh and make it so the no incurs in a game over, take that button mashers! :kaopride:

DarkPlasmaBall

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also great options! Thanks so much for the suggestions! :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I might try the mechanical bull at the fair on Friday... for one of the challenges, if you stay on for two minutes, you win $200. I might give that a try and see if I win--I'm pretty good at holding on to things.
Remaking a more streamlined version of my Remote Move map skill in MZ, just one switch and one variable to handle everything. If you seen the Move skill in Golden Sun before, moving far away items with your mind is pretty cool

MZtestRemoteMove.gif
I don't want to brag or anything but I was entertaining a woman the other night. I told her jokes while she bandaged my foot.
Okay so, I'm using this script, right? And it works. If you press :Y a menu should come up allowing you to choose an item to use. Nothing happens. You press :A to open the event options menu and choose "Use an Item"? The item selection menu appears. I have no idea how I set this up or why it works the way it does. Absolutely bizarre.
A woman gave me her number without me even asking for it. Then she left because she had other patients to see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeniemchk