Increase a variable based on what actor uses it (MV)

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was wondering if there was a way to increase a variable based on what actor uses it in MV. For example Bob, actor 1 uses Bad Crystal I want it to add the "Bob is evil" variable. Also if Jane uses the Bad Crystal if adds to the "Jane is evil" instead. This item can only be used in battle.

Last edited:

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It depends. The easiest way is to set common event as item use, then in that common event make a conditional branch that will check who is a party leader(and who's using it).

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It depends. The easiest way is to set common event as item use, then in that common event make a conditional branch that will check who is a party leader(and who's using it).
I forgot to mention this item is used only in battle.

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you're using Yanfly Action Sequences, you can run the common events during battle. I'm sure there's other ways to run them during battle as well if you aren't using them. I agree that'd probably be your easiest solution.

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you're using Yanfly Action Sequences, you can run the common events during battle. I'm sure there's other ways to run them during battle as well if you aren't using them. I agree that'd probably be your easiest solution.
It works when you the leader of the party use the item on themselves with the Action sequence 1. However, it doesn't work when you give it to another party member. It still goes towards the Actor 1's variable.

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
would this at all be helpful then? https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/make-item-consumption-modify-variable.63163/

basically I think you'd add a state with the common event. check if that actor has said state, then check off the variable... at least that's what I'm getting from what I read here.
What you suggested worked. I added another state before applying the power up. After the first state then there is a common event that checks if the actor has that state then removes it and add the variable.

Anyways, thanks for helping me out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Please do not buy games from g2a.com. The sellers have total power over you. The website has many scam sellers. It looks cheap, but the key code didn't work.
A while back I was having fun making my own custom tiles, then I hit carpet... why is it so difficult!? Lol.
Weekend is finally here... what would you like to see (?):
1) Pokemon into zelda minish-cap style
or
2) Pokemon into zelda gbc style
or
3) Zelda into pokemon style

#= Choose ===============#
||__[ Full mockup ]_[ Charset ]__||
#=======================#
I know someday I'll start working on this...

I'm so happy that I got Steam achievements to work in my game, thanks in large part to the posts by other RPG Maker devs on this issue!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Homerx_666