Increase Critical Rate with Action Sequence (MV)

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly Action Sequence 1: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Action_Sequence_Pack_1_(YEP)

I was wondering what line of code would I have to put in to increase my character's chance of landing a critical hit if they are affected by a state.

Edit:
What I am trying to accomplish is a skill that has a higher chance of doing critical damage when you have a certain state.

For example, my skill 'Blast' has a 3% chance of landing a critical hit. If the actor using it has the state 'Strong' the skill 'Blast' will have a 7% chance of landing a critical hit.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if the skill user has the state, then you only add a trait to increase the crit chance inside the state - absolutely no need for a plugin.

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if the skill user has the state, then you only add a trait to increase the crit chance inside the state - absolutely no need for a plugin.
I'm sorry I was clear with my initial post. What I am trying to accomplish is a skill that has a higher chance of doing critical damage when you have a certain state.

For example, my skill 'Blast' has a 3% chance of landing a critical hit. If the actor using it has the state 'Strong' the skill 'Blast' will have a 7% chance of landing a critical hit.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can't do it just with action sequences, you need to own the Critical Control plugin in order to have the appropriate command. If you do have that, you'd just put:
Code:
if user.isStateAffected(x)
    FORCE CRITICAL
end
where x is the ID of your state.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

You thought kids rooms were messy. Look at this.
Back in the house and I'm hungry
Yoshi!
DNPwhy.gif

You're using that item wrong... TwT

Trying to get the mechanics down for a cute, story-driven board game! I think I've accomplished dice movement, item effects, and activating a space's event when you land on it. Art is WIP. Hope to open a thread about the game soon!
My entire family and I have Covid... If it's this bad with the vaccine, without must be terrible. Stay safe, everyone. This thing is a doozy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merodu