Increase escape rate when state is applied to enemy

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by SmashArtist, May 30, 2019.

1. SmashArtist

SmashArtist Lazy Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello!
    I need a plugin or a script that would allow me to have a certain state or states raise the probability of the player escaping when the state is applied to an enemy. And possibly a lower chance of escape if it is applied to an actor.

The number of enemies who have this state applied would heighten the chances of escape IF more enemies = less chance of escape. (I put this here because I'm honestly not completely sure how MV works in those terms, if anyone could enlighten me with how it works I'd be grateful)

Any help would be much appreciated! :kaohi:

2. Tiamat-86

Tiamat-86 old jrpg gamer Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    by default escape rates are based on party total agility vs enemy troop total agility. so simple haste and slow spells can effect escape rates

3. SmashArtist

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yep, however agility also effects turn order, and I don't want that affected. I was hoping to have a way to just effect the escape rate and not agility.

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    then you'll need a plugin to completely rewrite the escape functions and how the escape chance is calculated

5. SmashArtist

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Andar alright, thanks for letting me know!
    I'm hoping there would be an already existing plugin which would allow this feature, however I have not found one specifically for it. Anyhow, I guess this thread belongs in JS Plugin Requests then.

6. Tiamat-86

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/10/yep-3-battle-engine-core/
    lets you change the escape formula in the plugin parameters.

a simple boosted escape skill i have is Flee which gives all party members double agility state and then attempts escape.
    the state is set to fade with 1 action end and battle end, so success or fail that agility buff is gone before it can effect anyone.

Idea: if you are not using luck for anything special, with base parameter control plugin you can remove luck as being a factor for state apply/resist rates (which is very minor to begin with) then you could use the luck stat for a different escape rate formula that wont effect agility.
    (my project luck is renamed and used in a very different way)

SmashArtist and caethyril like this.
  7. SmashArtist

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I realized that since my enemy has the 'cannot move' restriction when in this state, it's not going to attack anyways. (so basically what I said earlier about worrying that the lower agility would affect the enemy's turn order is completely unimportant now XD)
    So I decided to go with lowering it's agility when afflicted by the state.
    I tried going to 'Traits' > 'Param' > 'Parameter' and having 'Agility * 0', however this doesn't appear to work properly, so I'm guessing I understood how param traits work incorrectly.

I made the enemy have 999 agility(just to make sure default escaping wasn't gonna work) and my characters in debug class, giving them 32 agility. I was thinking having the state apply the 'Agility * 0' trait would make the enemy's agility go down to 1 and allow my characters to have a much higher chance of escape but it doesn't appear to work.
    Can anyone help me figure this out? :kaoswt2:

8. Tiamat-86

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    0.5 * $gameParty.agility() / $gameTroop.agility()
    and each failed attempt adds 0.1 onto that 0.5 in the formula
    so by that math ur 1st escape attempt is only 16% chance to escape
    and a 19% chance on ur 2nd attempt

you would need party agility to add up to 200 (50AGI x4) in order to have 100% escape rate after applying that state to the enemy (if theres only 1 enemy) and 400 total agility if there is 2 enemies that both have that state on them

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    SmashArtist likes this.
  9. SmashArtist

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So does putting the 'Agility*0' trait only increase it to 16%? I was thinking the trait would bump the enemy agility to 1 or 0, which would give the player a above 100% chance to escape, but I'm definitely doing the math wrong.
    Does 0.1 = 10% chance? I'm pretty confused on how the math works. XD Forgive me for being terrible at this.

Edit:
    Ah, I think I get how this works. Getting a result of 16 from following the formula is literally a 16% chance of escape. I had it stuck in my head that 0.16 would equal 16% for some reason.
    Problem is that I really need to have it that only the affected enemy has their agility lowered since the state would last a couple of turns.
    I'll have to look into changing the formula somehow without messing it all up. XD

Edit 2:
    Apparently I was right about 0.16 being equal to 16%, however I still can't get it to work properly through testing.

Here's how I have it set up now:
    Party agility = 3 (Actor1 = 1, Actor2 = 2)
    Troop agility = 6 (Enemy1 = 5, Enemy2 = 1)
    Escape formula: 0.125 * ($gameParty.agility() * 2) / $gameTroop.agility()
    So if I plug in the numbers correctly I'd get 0.125 * (3 * 2) / 6 which would equal 0.125.
    If I lowered the Troop agility to 2(assuming the trait would only lower the agility to 1), I'd get 0.375 and if I lowered it to 1(assuming the trait would lower the agility to all the way to 0) I'd get 0.75.

Problem is that it seems to still take about the same amount of tries to escape the battle whether or not the enemy is inflicted with the state or not.

I believe that the 'Agility*0' trait is not working somehow, as I tested with directly changing the formula to just 0.75 and it every time escaping worked- compared to the every 4-5 turns escaping with just the state.

Last edited: May 31, 2019