Increase Max Events.

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by alda, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alda

alda Veteran Veteran

I need much more than 999 events for my game. in fact i might require more than 9999, is there a way to increase this to 2500 ( whole map covered just in case).

2. UNphiltered_khaos

UNphiltered_khaos Game Dev. Artist. Veteran

First Language:
    Americanese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    You're mad, man! 2500 events would give you like -48 FPS...

And is 999 the maximum number of events on a map? is 999 not enough?!?!

3. MeowFace

MeowFace Meow Veteran

First Language:
    Meowish
    The max you get is 500 per map. And it will lag your game up a lot with lots of event running on the map.

It will be better to explain why you need that many events.

If it's for transition purpose you might be able to use region or terrain tag to do the job.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2015
  4. alda

alda Veteran Veteran

most of these events are like a transfer event, not moving one. i have found a script to create more events but it doesnt seem to work or i don't know how to make it so.

#:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=

#                                    ~= Function =~

# This script is designed to break the database limits of 999 for anything

# (except elements and maps).

# Before running, make sure that the project is not open in RPG Maker VX! This

# is important because otherwise it will not read the new data!

#:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=

5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    For a database limit breaker script, you need to follow the instructions inside it point by point, including when to close the editor without saving.
    After that, you need to remove the script from the project or the game won't function.

That is because a database limit breakser script is not used as regular scripts.

EDIT:

And from your snipped, your script is one for VX, not for VX Ace - check the Ace master script list for onw that works on Ace.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2015
  6. alda

alda Veteran Veteran

i was wrong about the common events, this is not what i want, i want to increase the maximum number of map style events.

7. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Then you're desinging your map in the wrong way. Please explain exactly what you want to do, and what you use the events for - usually there are better ways than place one event on each tile of a large map (for example to use region events)

8. alda

alda Veteran Veteran

you gather ressource by moving on them, then you get a few text message of you hitting it and then you gain the ressource. its not on each tile of a large map, the map is 500x500 and i want to put alot of ressources.

9. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That number of events on such a large map will cause a lot of lag unless the player's computer is very powerfull.

I think you should consider using (or requesting) a script for that that will work with region codes (each region ID calls a common event without the map containing an event at that position).

I don't know if you can use one of the existing region scripts however due to how your harvesting mechanic may work - if it needs data per tile, you'll probably have to request a special harvesting script for this, or go to smaller maps.

Alternatively (or in combination with the region event script) you can try to use Tsukihime's tileswap script.

10. alda

alda Veteran Veteran

will it erase the event or modify the tile if i use regional events?

11. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    regional events mean that there are no events on the map, but a region code that calls a common event.

Therefore it will not change the map or tile (unless you add a tileswap function to the common event

12. MeowFace

MeowFace Meow Veteran

First Language:
    Meowish
    If i am reading what you wrote correctly.. You want 2500 types of trigger on your map. That can't be done even with region or terrain tag since both has their limits as well. For a better performance, it's advisable to redesign the way you want how things work(eg, make multiple smaller maps), or else you will end up with a map that crash/freeze your player's PC every time they enter it.

There's a chance of making a script that do the tile check on each mas on the map and pair that with a trigger in the script itself. (going to be a long long script and you will need to do most part of the job). But still, with that size(2500), it's still going to be a lag hell for your player.

The same goes to pairing map x y with common event.

If Player's X = number, Player's Y = number, run common event (id)

Remember that RMVXA doesn't support GPU. So even a powerful PC can easily lag depending on your design. and in this case, not many graphics are involved, so you might even lag a game built under RMMV that supports gpu. ;)

esp 500x500 is not 2500, it's 250000

13. alda

alda Veteran Veteran

those would be static event, they would move unless they are touched by the character.

i think the region based event works if i can make it that you can touch the region and activate trigger. which then would change tile.

14. MeowFace

MeowFace Meow Veteran

First Language:
    Meowish
    For an event, static or not, the main game engine will need to go through every one of them to check if they should update the graphic or not by the settings of each events. Having to check 250000 events itself is laggy enough let alone updating them.

Well, the least lag way to do that will be having a common event checking button pressed.

then run a condition check on player's x and y when the button is pressed.

from there, you can do your math on if x = 0, y = 1, do this, if x = 1, y = 1, do this.. etc etc.

so there's only 1 constant running event checking on button press. the rest will only run once when the button is pressed.

but still, with 250000 conditional branches.. there will be a slight (a second to a few seconds) lag every time the button is pressed.

edit:

you will need script calls like this for the conditional branch script box to ease things up:

Code:
    $game_player.x == 0 && $game_player.y == 0

15. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes, that is possible - it'll need some advanced logic in the common event code, but that's all.

The common event needs to check the player position with control variable, then load the current tile on that position.

Then it needs to check based on the current tile if the player can harvest and if yes what.

Third step would be to use Tsukihime's tileswap script to change the tile on the current position if something was harvested.

16. MasterMoes

MasterMoes Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Where did you find the whole script? Could I have the link to it?

17. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

MasterMoes, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

It is 4 full years since the last post, and the person you are quoting hasn't been on the site in over 2 years, so I don't think you're going to get an answer from them.

I suggest you make a new thread if you can come up with enough detail of what you want to give people something to go on. "A script to create more events" is a bit vague. Please describe as exactly as possible what you want.

Closing this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.