LawrenceindaSky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I’m not sure the best place to put this question, but this was an idea for my game that I wanted to try out but I can’t seem to find what I’m looking for.
What I’m trying to achieve is to allow the player to “Upgrade” an Actors Max Level (Ex: 1 Actor is Capped at level 20, but buying a Upgrade allows a +5 Max). What I’m trying to do is to prevent Over Leveling in my game and I have other mechanics as well that would go well with this. Basically I’m wondering if there is someway to Add/Sub 1 Actors Max Level.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You will definitely need a plugin for that.

Moved to JS Plugin Requests

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this might be something you can use. this uses switches so you can increase by 1, 5, 10 or more.
each upgrade require a switch.

I think yanfly core engine can do the same thing. not sure how to so that for buying items to increase
the levels though.

LawrenceindaSky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
this might be something you can use. this uses switches so you can increase by 1, 5, 10 or more.
each upgrade require a switch.

I think yanfly core engine can do the same thing. not sure how to so that for buying items to increase
the levels though.
This might be the closest I can get to the idea I have, Yanflys core unfortunately doesn’t have any Plugin Commands to change Max Level per actor, and this plugin only changes I think for All Actors. But thank you for this, I’ll look around a little longer and if I can not find anything, this will have to do.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this one from Mr Trivel max level restriction.

you can do it also per actor, but I think if you move the actor around,
another get a max level though (cant tell for sure)

another possibility I think is to store the level inside a variable and use another variable
to increase the levels of actor(s) if you use more than 1.

if you use more actors and you buy an upgrade to ad +5 and it counts for all actors,
that plugin is probably what you can use :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In other news, my new computer is now ordered, and I'll have it in my hot little hands by the end of the week! CAN'T WAIT!!!
I've said my cat's names in such a baby-talk manner over the years, Biggs is now Biggoro, Bella is now Bellllyyaah, and somehow.....somehow Tessa is Sessashan
Did a massive ****up in my code that would have caused the game to crash on most computers and almost released an update without noticing it.
I keep thinking today is Thursday.
And I look forward to the next preview thread coming this afternoon.
And then I realise it's not Thursday at all.
And then I get sad :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr