RMMZ Increase stepping forward distance of a character in sideview issue

Narugami

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Is there a simple way to increase the distance a character moves forward in sideview when it is their turn? I'm currently using a lot of the Visustella plugins. But I couldn't find anything in the battle core for example that would help with that.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
JavaScript:
Sprite_Actor.prototype.stepForward = function() {
    this.startMove(-48, 0, 12);
};
Sprite_Actor.prototype.stepBack = function() {
    this.startMove(0, 0, 12);
};
Sprite_Actor.prototype.retreat = function() {
    this.startMove(300, 0, 30);
};
These are the codes that handle the sprite movement.
if you want to increase the distance of the forward step, negatively increase the -48 number into something else, like -200, and see what would happen. A negative value will bring the sprite to the left, while a positive value will bring them to the right.

Save this code as a new JS file and toggle it ON as a plugin. Then play with the number as you like. I can not guarantee if that would work with VS plugins, however. But they should work on the empty project.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Narugami

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
JavaScript:
Sprite_Actor.prototype.stepForward = function() {
    this.startMove(-48, 0, 12);
};
Sprite_Actor.prototype.stepBack = function() {
    this.startMove(0, 0, 12);
};
Sprite_Actor.prototype.retreat = function() {
    this.startMove(300, 0, 30);
};
These are the codes that handle the sprite movement.
if you want to increase the distance of the forward step, negatively increase the -48 number into something else, like -200, and see what would happen. A negative value will bring the sprite to the left, while a positive value will bring them to the right.

Save this code as a new JS file and toggle it ON as a plugin. Then play with the number as you like. I can not guarantee if that would work with VS plugins, however. But they should work on the empty project.
Thanks! Works perfectly fine!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Alisa: Prophecy of the Falling Stars. Join Alisa, a quiet girl with a heart filled with love and hope, on her journey to prevent a calamity. My next RPG Maker music pack is my largest and most focused pack yet. It's a musical story that focuses on a young heroine named Alisa who has been assigned the ultimate task to prevent a calamity.

SnJj_O.png
Alien Worlds, Minecraft Blocks, Extend Options, Fine Speed Control, Art by Muggu | RPG Maker News #33

Rest in Peace vlog gun...
vloggunsmallface.png
Another unnamed character, and probably last one for now.
She's a dragon girl inspired by fafnir dragon. as always, name suggestion is welcomed.
Dragon_Girl.jpg

Dragon_Girl_1.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bretzel68440