Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Difficulty:
schwierigkeitsgrad0.png

Ashampoo_Snap_20130103_23h28m47s_030_DerHerrderRinge_zps56328ddd.png

Here a screenshot out of my actual game. As you can see, we have 5 party members on the screen.

Go in your script editor under Game_Objects to the script Game_Party.

Scroll down until line 72 and copy line 72 - 74. Paste that into a new Script and alias it. Don't forget to copy the class as well.

That's it.

It should look like this:

Code:
class Game_Party < Game_Unit
  alias :more_partymembers_nefertari_owir max_battle_members
  def max_battle_members  
   return 10
  end
end

Last edited:

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
aawesome, i just JUST wondering how to do this :D

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I can get my fifth member to show up in the menu, and he takes part in battles, but I cannot see him on screen.  Is there something else I need to do as well as change this one line of script?

I am not using any battle scripts, but I am using Yanfly's Core Engine script, if that's relevant.

Thanks.

Nefertari83

Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Did you adjust the number of max. battle members in line 73 as written in the tutorial? If you do so you can already see him on screen. I use this script myself and it causes no problems in my game. But you can try out and take the script out and see if it makes any difference.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Did you adjust the number of max. battle members in line 73 as written in the tutorial?
Yes, and that is why I can see him in the menu, and he can fight in battle.  It's just that he doesn't walk around as a visible member of the party, which I find weird.  I checked that his sprite was okay, and can't see anything wrong with it, and I can't think what else it might be.

EDIT

He also doesn't show up when visiting the weapon/armour shops, so I can't see if what's available would be an upgrade for him - presumably I'd have to move him up the list so that he is one of the four which can be seen?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The script you're using likely hardcodes the values and assumes you are only going to draw 4 actors.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The script you're using likely hardcodes the values and assumes you are only going to draw 4 actors.
I've now put in Yanfly's Party System and Party Sized Menu scripts, and still I'm only getting 4 sprites walking around, although the menus and battle screens are working fine.

Could it be something as simple as the fact that I started the playtest before changing the number of players - even though the script change at line 73 was made before the 5th member joined?  In other words, my save file in some way is carrying forward only 4 on-screen sprites?

Nefertari83

Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Yes, that's possible. Play the game of the beginning. If you don't have success remove the scripts on Yanifly and start the game again of the beginning. Then you'll see if the scripts of Yanifly are the problem.

Amarysse

Ubiquitous Gimmick
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I had a similar problem to that described above -- after editing the scripts the larger party (6 members in my case) wouldn't show up as a caterpillar when loading a save, but it worked fine after starting a new game. I assume it's some peculiarity with the scripting system; is it a general rule that if you change a script, you'll need to start afresh when playtesting, or is this an issue unique to this tweak?

dylansgames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Is there any way to have 6 party members total but only have 2 of them showing on the map when you walking around?

Nefertari83

Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
That depends on what you want... If you have only 2 members in the party you don't have to do anything.

But if you want that all 6 members are in the party you'll have to look for a script or you have to do it the old school way (with eventing)... as in the makers 2k and 2k3.

starcrescendo

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry to bring up this topic again, but is it possible to have say 10 characters following on the map, but only have 4 participate in battle? When I make this change they all are available in the battle system as well.

Nefertari83

Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
For that you would need a script. Or you make it the old school way with eventing. You can have more members (e.g. 10) in your party than in your battle (max. 4) automatically. But on the map you'll see only 4.

Mouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would give a good think before having ten characters showing.

I was just playing around with this yesterday for my project [i dug through yanfly's party script to figure out how] when I realized I needed to be able to add a fifth member (found out about the save vs. new game thing too ;) ).

Ten is a long train. Think how that will look going inside of buildings and other tight spaces. There's a reason most games stopped at three or four or only showed the party leader. I'm not saying don't do it - only you can decide what's best for your project - but ask if it really adds to the game or takes away.

sweetladyamy

T-Girl Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
As for the whole 'have to restart every time you make a change', thing...I believe that if you make it to where the script loads upon loading a game save (I was able to do this with RPG MAKER XP), the modded scripts will show properly.

Though I can't think of much reason to have more than five members in my party/caravan at once, or in battle for that matter, I can see where in your game it made sense.

ExplosiveMeows

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Where would I put what is copy and pasted? Sorry, but I have no idea what "alias" means.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Where would I put what is copy and pasted? Sorry, but I have no idea what "alias" means.
The code on the first post is broken, let me fix that
Code:
class Game_Party < Game_Unit
  alias :more_partymembers_nefertari_owir max_battle_members
  def max_battle_members    
    return 10  
  end
end
Paste it on script editor, below "▼ Materials"

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sigh... to have some variety in this weather. More than just sun and rain and wind and thunder.
In the meantime, I've discovered that I'm slowly becoming fatigued from the many sleepless nights my neighbors cause. Or at least their dogs. Always barking at something.
I might need a day to just sleep and recharge.
After the initial success with one event, I set up four different events on the same map to detect who is in which slot in my current party, and fortunately it managed to work as intended, with the events changing image to match the party members even as I swapped their positions around in formation. This will be a great tool for immersive scene design.
Finally finished the first hand-drawn map! It took me a week, but I'm so proud!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vance11k