Not open for further replies.

sbloom85

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
As the title suggests, I'm looking for a way to increase a variable when an actor levels up. IE: I have a mage, when she levels up, gains X amount of points she can spend to improve an elemental attribute to unlock a more powerful spell.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You would need to have a plugin for that, even if it's a rather small plugin. There's maybe an existing plugin that would allow you to achieve what you want, but I'll have to let others help you on that end.

Anyways, I'm moving this to Javascript Requests.

I've moved this thread to Plugin Request. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm looking for a way to increase a variable when an actor levels up.
Made a plugin for you :)
CT_Bolt's LevelUpEx Plugin: Click Here to Download
Simply put the following into the script parameter via the plugin manager: adjustVariable(id, amount)
Example: adjustVariable(1, 5)
Notes: "Helper" functions for easy use. See below.
setVariable(id, amount)​
adjustVariable(id, amount)​
commonEvent(id)​

Last edited:

sbloom85

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh sweet, thanks! I wasn't expecting a plugin to be made so soon, let alone a plugin at all. I was kinda thinking it could be done under common events.

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh sweet, thanks! I wasn't expecting a plugin to be made so soon, let alone a plugin at all. I was kinda thinking it could be done under common events.
No prob. let me know how it goes. Should work out nicely for ya. :)

Oh and if you want to use a common event along with or instead of you can do that with:
Code:
commonEvent(1)
that would call common event #1 :)

If you want to adjust the variable and run a common event you could also do that with:
Code:
adjustVariable(1, 5); commonEvent(1)
That would increase variable 1 by 5 and call common event #1 :)

sbloom85

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Made a plugin for you :)
CT_Bolt's LevelUpEx Plugin: Click Here to Download
Simply put the following into the script parameter via the plugin manager: adjustVariable(id, amount)
Example: adjustVariable(1, 5)
Notes: "Helper" functions for easy use. See below.
setVariable(id, amount)​
adjustVariable(id, amount)​
commonEvent(id)​
Well, I got it installed and set up. However, when I try to use the common event function, I keep getting this error.

Attachments

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I got it installed and set up. However, when I try to use the common event function, I keep getting this error.
Oh woops forgot to upload that version... lmao
Sorry 'bout that. Uploaded newest now. :)
You could also use any other script such as ones found here: RMMV Script Calls: Click Here to View
Standard script to run a common event is:
Code:
$gameTemp.reserveCommonEvent(n)
... I mearly simplified it down to commonEvent(n) :)

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What do you do when you're your family's resident computer 'expert'...but you are anything but a computer expert?
I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was. To make a game is my real test. To play it is my cause.
6.5 million beers are in need for rescue. I don't drink beer too much, but my Czech heart is sinking. It's just a pity that they priced it so high. At this price nobody is interested.
I couldn't have Taco Bell, so I grabbed a giant piece of strawberry cheesecake instead.
Guys one of our Animal Crossing Villagers (Sherb) just told us that he hoped that the villager who was having her birthday had as memorable of a birthday as his sixth birthday. Which was "the one where the clown went into our house and never came back" and that "his mother says she still sometimes hears the honking in the walls".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jean_Batailleur