Increasing Action Time with AGI?

Feliaria

Good with Ideas, Bad with Execution
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, I know next-to-nothing about JavaScript, so I don't even know if something like this would be possible, or if it would even need a plugin, but I'll ask it here anyway in the hopes that someone can make it one, if it does in fact need one.

My game has a single actor. I did it this way mainly because the way the story has evolved from where I was beginning... they're practically entirely new games. I could still make the original plan if I wanted to, that's how much the story has changed since I started. Anyway, because of this, I have the staples of single-actor games, i.e., single-actor HUD (thanks to other plug-ins), the character having a large range of skills (I have 6 classes of 15 to 20 skills each (I haven't decided between 15 or 20 skills a class yet: I'll figure that out when I actually start filling the abilities in more). The player can have the character learn all of them, theoretically, though they can only equip and use up to 15 at a time, depending on where they are in the game), etc. Though I had a thought.

Because of the plug-in I am using for my battle HUD (VictorSant's Battle Status Menu), I can't use Yanfly's ATB plug-in. I also can't get VictorSant's ATB to work the way that I wanted because it's... kind of weird (I have that issue on another post in one of the other forums on this site if anyone wants to see what I mean), so I had an idea: it's hopefully a different style of combat that keeps the importance of Agility (like ATB and CTB). My idea was to keep the standard turn battle (I know, ick. That's a no-no on a Single-Actor), but have the character's Agility give them a % chance to have multiple actions in a turn (I know in the base program this is the "Action Times +" parameter). My idea was, since the stats in my game are so small, that each point in Agility would add 1% to the character's Action Times and a second Action Times of 0.5%.

If that's confusing, this is what I mean: basically, a character with 50 Agility will give the character:

Action Times +.PNG

Anyway, would this be possible with (or even without) plug-ins, and if it would require a plug-in, would someone mind creating it for me?

Last edited by a moderator:

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
You may want to try this snippet:

Game_Battler.prototype.makeActionTimes = function() { // Rewrite
// Rewritten to add agi into the first 2 Action Times +
var agiWeight = 0.015;
return this.actionPlusSet().reduce(function(r, p) {
if (agiWeight >= 0.005) agiWeight -= 0.005;
return Math.random() < p + this.agi * agiWeight ? r + 1 : r;
}, 1);
//
}; // Game_Battler.prototype.makeActionTimes

Off topic: Have you tried DoubleX RMMV Popularized ATB Core as well?

Feliaria

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You may want to try this snippet:

var agiWeight = 0.015;
return Math.random() < p + this.agi * agiWeight ? r + 1 : r;
}, 1);
//

Off topic: Have you tried DoubleX RMMV Popularized ATB Core as well?

I'd actually like to use an ATB system, but I have been unable to get any of them to work with VictorSant's Battle Status Window, including his own ATB. That's why I was asking for something like you made for me. Though, I am unsure of where to put this. Would it be put in as a plug-in, or would it be in something like in a notetag? Also, would I need to add two sets of Action Time+ on my character, or would the snippet function regardless?

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
You can put it as a plugin, or you can simply edit the relevant part of rpg_objects.js.

Even if you don't have any Action Times +, the plugin will still take agi into account.

Specifically, when there's no Action Times +, agi will be used this way:

Action Times + (agi)%

Action Times + (agi * 0.5)%

Feliaria

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You can put it as a plugin, or you can simply edit the relevant part of rpg_objects.js.

Even if you don't have any Action Times +, the plugin will still take agi into account.

Specifically, when there's no Action Times +, agi will be used this way:

Action Times + (agi)%

Action Times + (agi * 0.5)%

Okay, thank you, DoubleX! :)

EDIT: I put it in as its own .js file, and have it turned ON in my plug-in database, but it is still not working... Did I do something wrong?

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's possible that some other plugins have overwritten Game_Battler.prototype.makeActionTimes.

So you may want to change the plugin ordering and see if anything changes :)

Feliaria

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's possible that some other plugins have overwritten Game_Battler.prototype.makeActionTimes.

So you may want to change the plugin ordering and see if anything changes :)

Hmm... actually, even when I put it in a blank project, it still isn't working...

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Try this instead:

Code:
    var agi = this.agi, agiWeight = 0.015;
        return Math.random() < p + agi * agiWeight ? r + 1 : r;
    }, 1);
    //

Feliaria

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, it's working on a blank project, now, so that's good... Still having troubles getting it to work with my actual project, though I'll find the right placement/what plug-in is messing it up and try to fix it. Anyway, I have thought of something.

My stat cap is going to be either 35 or 50. Assuming I want to tweak the values for the Action Time+, would I be changing the agiWeight? From what I can guess (and correct me if I'm wrong), if I doubled the agiWeight to 0.030 and the reduce function to -= 0.010, that would double the Action Times? So 35 AGI would give a 70% chance and 35% chance? Or am I reading it wrong?

EDIT: I finally got it to work when I added two instances of "Action Time+: 0%" to the character's traits. Thank you so much, DoubleX! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Getting work done in the hospital is a little tough :kaosigh:
Yet another custom skill animation, sometimes i waste too much time on details people will barely notice :kaocry:
Time flies by... already 1/6th of the calendar released :o

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KM_Dub