Increasing escape chance %?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by hsumi, Mar 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. hsumi

hsumi Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there any way to change the rate at which you can successfully retreat? Right now, running from battle only seems to work about half the time, but I want to be able to make running a more viable option and increase it to, say, 75%.
    How would I go about doing this?

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    two numbers affect the escape change, and by default it really starts at 50%

1) the engine compares the sum of party agility with the sum of enemy agility to get better chances, if the party has much more agility they will escape more often. However, Agility also affects the action order in default battles, keep that in mind when changing the values.

2) each failed attempt to escape adds to the chance of the next attempt (I think +10%)

Alternatively, you can make a skill that calls a common event and check any conditions you want before abandoning battle there (please do not use the escape effect on the actors, that is meant to get the enemies to vanish and the engine has problems detecting that as player escape in some conditions).

3. hsumi

hsumi Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there any way to change those inherent values without changing party agility? I know there was a script to change it in XP and VX, but I can't find anywhere to edit scripts in MV.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  4. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    You will need a script or plug-in if you don't want to adjust agility. I think Yanfly has a plug-in that lets you adjust the escape value to whatever you want. However, I cannot recall which pug-in it is, maybe the Battle Core?

5. hsumi

hsumi Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I downloaded the plugin in question and there was indeed an option to adjust escape rates. Thank you, this does just what I need it to.