Increasing Resolution

axxooss

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
Ok so I learnt a fair amount of ruby and can sorta find my way through the source code in the editor, but I still can't figure out how to increase(let's say double) the resolution of my game. I wanted to increase the resolution of both the portraits and the tiles and yeah I know that I will have to make the tileset according to the new resolution.

So my question is: How exactly do I change the set resolution for each tile and the portraits of the characters.

P.S. Also anyone know how to enable full-screen?

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
By default, max resolution is 640x480. any try to go to a higher resolution with the default DLL will be blocked, no matter how you script.

There is an experimental DLL allowing higher resolution, you can find the instructions how to use it here:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/34578-how-to-use-the-high-resolution-dll/
The high-res .dll is out of commission at the moment, due to its pause in distribution to allow it to come out of the "beta" phrase - from what I make of it, an update is coming to allow HD, better performance and multiplatform (theoretically) support by default.

Wait and see - and I will update that guide accordingly. I have no ETA, but within the next month is my guess, if not within the next week.

axxooss

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
Thanks! I will keep that in mind!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What exactly are you asking for?

Resolution is pixel per inch. If something shows 72 pixels per inch and you increase the resolution (double it), it will now show 144 pixels per inch. So the same image will take up HALF the space.

I do not think this is what you are trying to do.

If you want to increase the SIZE of something, you are DEcreasing the resolution. If you only want to do this on SOME things in your game but not everything, you can use the Bitmap.stretch_blt command which will copy an area of one size to an area of another size, either expanding or shrinking to fit. Check that, because I don't have the help file open at the moment and didn't look it up. But if you hit F1 and search for Bitmap, the command will be listed in there.

The size of the game window is something different again.

haunted

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Its kind of ridiculous that RPG Maker cant handle this. I made an account specifically to fish through the forums and find a way to make my game... you know... not look like a joke compared to other titles. I'm pretty furious that this doesnt come included and has to be patched in.

Some fixes I would love to implement but dont seem to possible.

1. Increasing the size of the stage, so I can personally just make my game assets larger. Unfortunately by making the game full screen, it stretches everything regardless.
  2. Native screen size options... please.
Am I missing something? is this just not possible with this software? Is there a workaround that I'm missing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The universe does not want me to do another letsplay it seems... I keep bumping into problem after problem... Oh well. Still have several days to sort them out.
I now have something new to learn. Lesson suggestions?
Finally with a new PC! Now I can do nice things both coding and gaming
nvidia release the IA paint to lsd landscape simulator
i just try , it very fun
"If the lion knew her own strength, hard were it for anyone to rule her". This would be my custom title if I had enough spaces for it. Coming off of personal pain, I'm glad I found the original quote I've tweaked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
negajo