BDruid70

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to increase a character's Traits using Skills, similar to increasing Base Parameters through them. I was watching a Yanfly video about increasing base parameters using the Skill Menu, JP Points and Skill Learn System Plugins and I wanted to know, would it be possible to get a similar effect, but instead, using Traits?

oooNUKEooo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
br portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can you provide an example? your explanation reads a bit confusing...

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
by default all traits are static.

you'll need one or more plugins to have even a chance of starting, either a plugin for dynamic traits or one that can make states permanent and automatic.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe that both Galv and Shaz have plugins for dynamic traits.

The other method would be to put the changes to trait values in states, and you can have those states go onto the actor when you learn a skill via Yanfly's Auto Passive States.

BDruid70

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe that both Galv and Shaz have plugins for dynamic traits.

The other method would be to put the changes to trait values in states, and you can have those states go onto the actor when you learn a skill via Yanfly's Auto Passive States.
Could you give me an example on how that would look in exchange of parameters?

BDruid70

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can you provide an example? your explanation reads a bit confusing...
Something like this but instead of it being base parameter, it's ex or sp-parameters

"<Learn Cost: 500 JP>
<Learn Cost Eval>
user._paramPlus[0] += 500;
user.forgetSkill(21):
user.refresh0);
</Learn Cost Eval>"

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could you give me an example on how that would look in exchange of parameters?
How what would look? I said two different things.

If you're asking about the plugins I mentioned, I have not used either one. You would look them up and read the instructions for how to use them, and they'd each be different.

For the passive state method, I'm not sure what you need me to show you - you'd add a Trait in the upper right of the window for editing the State, then use the <Passive Stat: x> notetag to make your actor get it when they learn a skill.

BDruid70

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How what would look? I said two different things.

If you're asking about the plugins I mentioned, I have not used either one. You would look them up and read the instructions for how to use them, and they'd each be different.

For the passive state method, I'm not sure what you need me to show you - you'd add a Trait in the upper right of the window for editing the State, then use the <Passive Stat: x> notetag to make your actor get it when they learn a skill.
I meant something like this -

"<Learn Cost: 500 JP>
<Learn Cost Eval>
user._paramPlus[0] += 500;
user.forgetSkill(21):
user.refresh0);
</Learn Cost Eval>"

But instead, what would I put in place of "user._parmPlus"

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I meant something like this -
I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about. You were told by myself and Andar that you can't do this just using Yanfly's Skill Learn plugin.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But instead, what would I put in place of "user._parmPlus"
you can't.
your idea will never work that way, simple as that.

you have already been told that you need a different way to handle this, either with dynamic traits (which will work completely different) or with automatic conditional states.

in both cases you will use the default traits, for example "Parameter ATK *110%"

If you want to add a point value, you have to use the event command for that, because no trait ever will be able to add a fixed value, all traits use percentages for a reason.

BDruid70

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can't.

you have already been told that you need a different way to handle this, either with dynamic traits (which will work completely different) or with automatic conditional states.

in both cases you will use the default traits, for example "Parameter ATK *110%"

If you want to add a point value, you have to use the event command for that, because no trait ever will be able to add a fixed value, all traits use percentages for a
you can't.

If you want to add a point value, you have to use the event command for that, because no trait ever will be able to add a fixed value, all traits use percentages for a reason.
I had already figured that out that it wasn't possible I wasn't just double checking. You're rude input wasn't needed, and didn't at all get your point across.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

WHEEL3.gif
Ooker spookers and fun attack mechanics! What a Friday!
Not today... Not today...
I guess I should send my CV to Hasbro. I've made Monopoly cheaters edition more fun and challenging. I've developed custom cheats and chest/chance cards for it. And I've cleared many nightmares through my cards and rules.
I'm only missing 2 more bgms for my game but maaaaan, searching for these tracks is killing me. Can't find anything good to replace MZ's Theme 2 and Scene 5 I have as placeholders. Everything is too epic or too evil or too alarming. That 'scene 5' track in particular would fit nicely with my scene. Well, at least I finally figured what my last click-fest of a gameplay element will be like, so something positive :D
Finding new interesting stuff to make for the resource calendar becomes harder every year D:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vestrio